Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 08-15-2015, 01:12 PM   #1
oderus1671

spark plug boot issues

first post here, been lurking for a few weeks.
So we got this 05 gz250 for free from the misses dad, with only 500 miles on it, for free! So I am currently trying to de-muck up the carb from sitting a few years, and just for grits and shiggles I took the plug out to check it. I noticed when it came out the tip was a threaded end. Not used to seeing this... I look in the boot and see a threaded brass part in there. I figured it had come loose off the plug, so I pull it out and a spring, a tiny metal disk, a rod of unknown material, and the threaded insert flys out. Does anyone know how these go back in and in what order?? Ive never seen anything like it before!!! Thanks yall!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-15-2015, 09:25 PM   #2
blaine

That is the resistor cap for the plug......Thats the way the plug is supposed to be.Just the threaded tip. The disc,spring,rod & than the threaded insert.If you have problems with misfiring you may need to get a whole new plug cap.....about 6 bucks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PlugCapUndone.jpg (26.2 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by blaine; 08-15-2015 at 09:27 PM.
Old 08-16-2015, 07:04 AM   #3
oderus1671

thanks so much blaine! i wasnt even sure what this thing was called so i couldnt find one online. now i know! so where do you get your parts from? i have a bunch of other questions but they will be elsewhere on the forum. hope i dont get to be a pain!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-16-2015, 07:29 AM   #4
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by oderus1671 View Post
thanks so much blaine! i wasnt even sure what this thing was called so i couldnt find one online. now i know! so where do you get your parts from? i have a bunch of other questions but they will be elsewhere on the forum. hope i dont get to be a pain!
I don't own a G.Z. anymore.But stick around in case I can help.I get a lot of my parts from a independent dealer or e-bay.If you need a new cap you should be able to get it at any auto parts store or small engine shop.........I case your interested I now ride a V-Star 1100 custom.