Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 07-15-2008, 02:01 AM   #1
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
First ride with the camera mounted

About half of my ride to work yesterday evening.

It's a little shaky and more than a bit boring, but I'm working on fixing both of those things. The fuel tank is what's causing most of the vibration, and I'm trying to figure out how to successfully mount it somewhere a little more stable with a better view.

Enjoy. Any comments are naturally welcome.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-15-2008, 08:31 AM   #2
LilNinja77

I like the camera angle, it gives a neat perspective IMO......and don't worry about the vibration, that wasn't nearly as bad as a ton of videos on the web.
Ride safe

~By a route obscure and lonely,
haunted by ill angels only~
Old 07-15-2008, 08:44 PM   #3
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Pretty sure you just made an illegal left turn

Old 07-15-2008, 08:53 PM   #4
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
There WAS a green arrow. It was hard to see with the sun glare.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:59 PM   #5
Sarris

Your Video

Cool video, and the shake isn't too bad. My brakes squeal just like yours.

Just friendly comment, you probably should make a better attempt to make "full" stops. I know here in Florida you'll get a stop sign violation if you don't put one foot down at a stop sign even if you can stop all the way without it. (Been there, done that = $185)

Gotta bust your b**ls over something.

Keep those videos coming!

:pics:

Old 07-16-2008, 05:21 AM   #6
patrick_777

Thanks for the comments. I honestly haven't looked whether or not it's a violation or not in Oklahoma. Knowing this state's drivers though, it's probably illegal if you actually DO put your feet down. I'll work on it though.

I thought when I first got the bike, that the brake squeal meant they were worn or something, but after some searching and a few more weeks, I realized that it's pretty normal for these bikes if the rotors are cold. Mine generally stop squealing after a few miles of stop and go traffic, so I'm not too worried about them.

After rigging up a new tripod head onto the handlebars, I figured out that they tend to shake the camera more than the tank did, so I worked up a more usable mount and will probably put it back there. I'm still digging through the old brainpan to fashion a non-dorky helmet mount that doesn't look like I'm wearing a camera-beanie, nor obstruct my vision.

There will be plenty more videos to come though.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:47 AM   #7
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Keep 'em coming. It's nice to see more GZ videos on Youtube. I hope to add to the "how-to" section with videos.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:33 PM   #8
patrick_777

Uploaded a new, and buggier video today.

This one is your standard helmet-cam, riding back home after getting gas. Yeah, I was bored.

I like the second one best.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:50 PM   #9
Sarris

Your Vid

Yo;

I like the one with the Judas Priest best, but the dead bug is a bit of a distraction. I think I like the "tank cam" bettter, as it's a more steady take. (??)

Keep up the good work.

:pics:
Old 07-22-2008, 09:57 PM   #10
patrick_777

That bug's definitely in a bad place. I honestly didn't notice it until I looked at the video for the first time. I think it hit me as I was riding to the station.