Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

View Poll Results: Ever been stung on a bike?
Yes. 2 50.00%
No. 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2009, 01:25 PM   #1
dan_

Send a message via AIM to dan_
Beeware..

So I'm cruising one my GZ yesterday and I get to my favorite winding road through this swamp its really nice. Unfortunatly they're logging and cutting most of the trees down. I pass this huge logging truck with half its tires in my lane and almost have a freaking heart attack. Next thing I know theirs this sharp searing pain on my left arm.. UHH i'm going 60mph.... Uhh... uhhh... AHHH!! IT HURTS!!... I stop on the side of the road, put my bike on the stand.. flail my arms like a crazy person and rip my jacket off.. Obviously something bit me. I turn around and there are 3 loggers leaning up against a crane thing laughing at me. I put my jacket on and ride away. LOOK AT THIS BITE!!

Went to the doctor today because the swelling hadn't gone down and I was afraid it might have been a spider theres some toxic ones around here.. but it was a yellow jacket. Apparently they hibernate in hollow trees.. little bastards.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-08-2009, 10:17 PM   #2
Water Warrior 2

Re: Beeware..

Never used to worry about the odd bug bite until one almost killed me. Yah killed as in dead. Blood poisoning on a grand scale. All I had was a slight itch where I was bitten but it blossomed into a real big ugly. Was off work for 2 weeks but should have stayed off a lot longer to recover my strength. Was in the outpatient dept twice a day for heavy duty IV antibiotics for a week. That little whatever sure pulled the rug out from under me.