Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 05-06-2010, 01:16 PM   #1
Viirin

Music

Anyone ride listening to music? I know it's not as safe and i'm not even sure if it's legal here in Ireland but i was just wondering if it's common practise with a lot of riders or just reserved for long journeys and the like.

Vii

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-06-2010, 02:02 PM   #2
Water Warrior 2

Re: Music

Many folks ride and listen to their tunes. I normally wear ear plugs and just listen to the road as it goes by. I tried music a couple times but found it was distracting
Old 05-06-2010, 02:18 PM   #3
bonehead

I really enjoyed it on my bike that had it. My next big bike WILL have tunes, the only way to travel.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:59 PM   #4
music man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viirin
Anyone ride listening to music? I know it's not as safe and i'm not even sure if it's legal here in Ireland but i was just wondering if it's common practise with a lot of riders or just reserved for long journeys and the like.

Vii

I listen to an Mp3 player with headphones when I ride, some people say it is distracting, but I have been riding like that since the first day I got my GZ and I haven't looked back. And I wear them in town, on the highway and everywhere in between.

You really have to decide for yourself whether or not it is too dangerous/distracting for you personally, some people can't handle riding with music, I personally can't handle riding without music.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:07 PM   #5
Viirin

Ah yeah i gotta give it a go - i don't mind being exposed to bad weather, the reduction in metal between me and other people on the road but the best thing that cars have on bike is a radio/cd/mp3 - hope my helmet doesn't push my headphones into my brain.....it doesn't really leave a lot of room.....but i guess that's it's job

Old 05-06-2010, 10:17 PM   #6
Easy Rider

Quote:
hope my helmet doesn't push my headphones into my brain.....
Ear buds, bud. :biggrin:
You can get a pretty decent set for about $15 and they are small enough that a properly fitting helmet should NOT cause you any discomfort.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:48 PM   #7
music man

My helmet has cutouts around the ear area so you can put speakers in it, so it doesn't push on my ears at all, and I thought about doing that (putting speakers in my helmet that is), it would have a more car stereo sound to it I think, I just haven't gotten around to trying it out yet.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:51 PM   #8
Viirin

Ha - just put on the helmet there with the earphones in - no problem - don't know why it didn't occur to me that i didn't actually have to be going for a ride to put on my helmet and see if it was comfortable with them in!

Thanks for letting me know if music was common or taboo guys - looking forward to my next ride now...

Vii
Old 05-06-2010, 11:30 PM   #9
music man

Quote:

Thanks for letting me know if music was common or taboo guys - looking forward to my next ride now...
Vii

I still don't think we let you know that, I am the only one that really responded to whether or not they actually listen to music on their motorcycle.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:43 AM   #10
Sarris

I have music on both mine!

:rawk: