Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 09-27-2007, 05:25 PM   #1
sbraun

Hello from Canada

Hello everyone,
I'm a new rider from Edmonton, Alberta (got my motorcycle license this year). I bought a 1999 Suzuki GZ250 in May. Unfortunately, I was rear-ended 8 days after my purchase so the poor thing has been sitting in the shop waiting for parts. This weekend might just be the weekend. I think I have everything I need to get it roadworthy again. I may even get in a week or two of riding before the snow flies.
That's my story. Personal info - I'm a 28 year old female.
Shari

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-27-2007, 08:42 PM   #2
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Welcome Shari.

What a bummer about the accident! Good to see that it didnt phase you and that you are wanting to get right back on.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 09-28-2007, 12:07 AM   #3
Water Warrior 2

Hi Shari, welcome to the world of two wheels. Am originally from Edmonton and left in 05 for warmer climes in B.C. Sorry to hear about your bike being hit. 2 questions, were you hurt and who is taking so long to fix the bike ?? How much damage was there ??

Old 09-28-2007, 07:59 PM   #4
sbraun

Water warrior, I had a bunch of bruises and some out of place ribs. I was extremely lucky. My bike would've been a write-off but I decided I couldn't let it go. The parts were back-ordered because Suzuki no longer stocks them. That's why the repairs took as long as they did. When I got the bike back, there were some missed repairs that I did myself but I had a tough time finding parts, too. (Didn't know about this website.) The handlebars, rear wheel, one of the rear shocks, a bunch of lights, a mirror, the throttle, and the chain guard were all irreparably damaged. I think that's it. I've been tempted to seek the warmer climate of BC, too. How late in the year can you ride or, can you ride year-round?
Old 10-01-2007, 12:00 AM   #5
Water Warrior 2

Shari, you would love living in some parts of BC. Living in Squamish just North of Vancouver is a real treat compared to the weather in Edmonton. Some riders actually ride every day around here but I tend to chicken out sometimes. But I must say I will ride more this winter with better gear and heated grips for the old retired hands. Happy Hobo(Lynda) is determined to ride most of the winter so as not to loose her edge. No real snow here but a lot of rain so rain gear is a must. If I really want snow I can be in it in a matter of minutes. Just the thought.........BRRRRRRRRR.