Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 04-17-2009, 01:27 AM   #81
prof_stack

Re: TU 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777
I seriously think I'm starting to come around to the look of this bike. I really just think I want to put clip-ons and a cafe seat on it though...
That engine looks a lot smaller without the cylinder head covers and that single exhaust.

Nice pics prof. Keep 'em coming.
Thanks, Patrick. You are right about the engine looking smaller. I noticed it in the photos but forgot about the GZ cylinder head covers which are a nice chrome touch.

The seat seemed firmer than I expected, but a ride over 20 miles would give me a better idea.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-17-2009, 08:44 AM   #82
adrianinflorida

I really like some things on the bike. Like Patrick, I think the engine looks tiny, though. A triumph/Royal Enfield type fuel tank (With the "Knee Indents" at the back) would look good. The tubular swingarm looks sort of under-engineered, though, I like the box tubed swingarm the GZ has better. Everything looks skinnier (Tires, shocks, frame members, etc) on the TU, which i guess is it's style. I do like the look of the seat though (NO WATER CATCHING BUTTONS!!!!)
Old 04-17-2009, 08:57 AM   #83
Easy Rider

[quote=prof_stack]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "patrick_777":3ujqzos4
The seat seemed firmer than I expected, but a ride over 20 miles would give me a better idea.
[/quote:3ujqzos4]

With the peg position, I suspect the seat will be more comfortable than the GZ for long huals.

Taken on it's own merits, I think the bike is fine, although a little unusual. Looks like a dirt bike/dual purpose wanna-be.

Compared to the GZ (which I still think it will "replace"), I don't like it........because it doesn't have that "big bike" look that steered me to the GZ in the first place. Now it is "just another 250".

Old 04-17-2009, 09:02 AM   #84
adrianinflorida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
Looks like a dirt bike/dual purpose wanna-be.
That's what I was thinking but couldn't quite put my finger on. The apparent "Tallness" of the bike does give it that look.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:36 AM   #85
alantf

While not overly impressed with the general "cheapo" look of the bike (purely a personal view) I do like the chrome bar ends better than the gz's black ones. I know there are various aftermarket ones available, but this is the first "like for like" ones I've seen. Pity they didn't fit them as standard on the gz, to match the chain guard etc.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:12 PM   #86
prof_stack

I agree with the "cheapo" look. The silver spray paint look of the rear frame and the spindly looking rear shock are examples. If Suzuki hadn't raised the price ~$500 from the 2008 price (of the similarly priced GZ250) I might be tempted to jump on one today. Also, the state of WA dumps on you pretty hard with tax and license.

Here's an intruiging thumper, albeit 499cc, from India: the new Royal Enfield G5, now selling in the USA for about $6100. All new motor with FI and hydraulic valves. Looks nice.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:05 PM   #87
adrianinflorida

Quote:
Originally Posted by prof_stack
I agree with the "cheapo" look. The silver spray paint look of the rear frame and the spindly looking rear shock are examples. If Suzuki hadn't raised the price ~$500 from the 2008 price (of the similarly priced GZ250) I might be tempted to jump on one today. Also, the state of WA dumps on you pretty hard with tax and license.

Here's an intruiging thumper, albeit 499cc, from India: the new Royal Enfield G5, now selling in the USA for about $6100. All new motor with FI and hydraulic valves. Looks nice.
I rode a buddy's Royal Enfield recently, and would love one. The only problem, it's too much of a niche bike. It's bigger than the GZ, displacement wise, but too small for me to consider as a step up from the GZ. It'd be a great seconds bike to play with, if one has the 6 Grand to spend on a 'Second bike".
Old 04-17-2009, 02:06 PM   #88
adrianinflorida

Quote:
Originally Posted by prof_stack
Also, the state of WA dumps on you pretty hard with tax and license.
No kidding, the difference between MSRP and the out-the-door price in the post was about a grand.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:12 PM   #89
Moedad

Hmm...where to hang the saddlebags?
Old 04-17-2009, 02:35 PM   #90
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedad
Hmm...where to hang the saddlebags?
Good catch. Signals/relocation and a PITA when you could be riding the thing instead.