Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 10-12-2009, 09:28 PM   #51
Water Warrior 2

Re: biek sputtering in the cold weather (non GZ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
you can get strap-on armor .
like foot ball shoulder pads or something???

Do a check at New Enough and other major riding gear online shops. You will see quite a variety of gear with approved armor for motorcycle riding and crashing. Also check with WebBikeWorld.com for some good evaluations of riding armor and winter wear. They(the writers)are all riders and test all the stuff they have written about. A while back they did a very good article on many winter gloves and had a surprise ending with a pair of glove that didn't break the bank. Looking is free and you may find just what you need.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-12-2009, 09:32 PM   #52
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning
i wonder how warm these are brand new (non ebay) they sell for 45 bucks, i looked them up
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Arcti...Q5fMerchandise
these are the kind of gloves you would love to have for riding, if they actually kept you warm

Would probably be okay but not the greatest for dexterity when using handle bar controls. There are fewer controls on a snow machine.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:37 PM   #53
dannylightning

mxmegastore.com

this place has lots of good gear for the cold

Old 10-13-2009, 05:11 AM   #54
alantf

I had a problem with ski gloves. While they were the warmest gloves I've ever had, they were designed for holding ski poles, so when you tried to open you hand to use the brake/clutch, they were too stiff.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:56 AM   #55
Water Warrior 2

What I wear most of the year are Red Wing leather gauntlets with a 40 gram thinsulate lining. Very soft pliable leather that didn't need much of a break-in period. Seem to be very water proof too for some reason. Must be some kind of WP treatment that has worked well since 2006 when I bought them AFTER getting real wet and cold. Bought my rain suit the same trip AFTER I got real wet and cold. Riding is a learning experience that requires a lot of thought to be properly equiped for all types of weather.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:32 AM   #56
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

I'm working on making some windblocks, much like the mud blockers that you find on moto cross bikes. Some nice fluffy warm gloves behind a pair of wind blocks should be pretty nice on those cold mornings.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:39 PM   #57
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
I had a problem with ski gloves. While they were the warmest gloves I've ever had, they were designed for holding ski poles, so when you tried to open you hand to use the brake/clutch, they were too stiff.
i think im gonna try a pair of these, winter motocross gloves.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FLY-R...Q5fMerchandise
Old 10-13-2009, 12:47 PM   #58
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
What I wear most of the year are Red Wing leather gauntlets with a 40 gram thinsulate lining. Very soft pliable leather that didn't need much of a break-in period. Seem to be very water proof too for some reason. Must be some kind of WP treatment that has worked well since 2006 when I bought them AFTER getting real wet and cold. Bought my rain suit the same trip AFTER I got real wet and cold. Riding is a learning experience that requires a lot of thought to be properly equiped for all types of weather.
i drove a little tractor around the air port for a while, when it was cold and it rained hard there was no stopping it. even with my rain suit with the hood on. some how i would always end up getting wet, at least a little wet and that was not fun at all when it was around 30 degreese out. rode my motorcycle in that rain suit once too and it was quite chilly that morning, watter got all down the front of my shirt. i think the only thing that will really might save you is a windsheild and i have my suspicions about how well those actually work. for now if its going to rain the bike stays at home.

my dad said he has 2 one pice snowmobile suits i can use, he said there extremely warm and you'll sweat your butt off when its extremely cold if you don't open the vents on them, im gonna halve to try those out. im thinking that suit and a pair of those fly gloves in the link above might do the trick. ill find out here soon cus the cold weather is definitely starting and it's only going to get worse from here on out
Old 10-13-2009, 01:17 PM   #59
mrlmd1

See if you can find gloves with gauntlets - that keeps the wind from going up your sleeves.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:00 PM   #60
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
See if you can find gloves with gauntlets - that keeps the wind from going up your sleeves.
i was thinking about that, i decided to go shopping, stoped at 2 big huge motorcycle dealers, none of them had gloves for winter, stopped at the harley shop next door the the second dealer i went to. picked up some harley gloves that have gore-tex that stuff is completely waterproof and virtually wind proof, just went out riding its 44 out side today, and i was nice and warm except for my legs got a bit chilly with out my snow pants.

i got a new facemask thing, this one has a big old flece thing that completely covers you neck. no cold air getting in to my full face helmet, last time i went out in these temps my face was freezing. that thing helps big time.