Yes, that was really rude.
(JUST KIDDING. See follow up reply.) :whistle:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-15-2010, 03:49 PM   #52
Easy Rider

Re: Get off the bike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffluere
Anyway danny, I think your response was really rude.

IN OTHER NEWS: It's sunny and beautiful here in Florida!!!
What we have here is mostly a bunch of guys shooting the shit. Guys tend to be crude and insensitive.......some more than others......but I think "rude" implies a certain intentional put down and I don't think that was intended in his post at all. Maybe it came across that way but not intended. Might want to read it again; there were some "disclaimers".

As for the sunny and beautiful, yes here too; highs in the mid 80's which is 15 above normal.

I'm planning on coming down to scout around G'ville in late May-early June.
Might see you then. Promise to try and not be rude !! :biggrin:
Old 04-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #53
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
holy shit that was long! sorry guys.
Long can be a good thing. A long explanation of the facts tends to clear things up and we also get to know you better. We sometimes forget others have different kinds of roads to ride and different schedules that aren't the norm.
Now I am off to find a coffee at the end of a curvy stretch of asphalt.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:51 PM   #54
diffluere

I don't see how telling me to give up motorcycling isn't 'rude'...okay maybe 'insensitive' is a better word. I didn't intend to start a flame war so I'm willing to drop the whole thing. For some reason message boards have this unique ability to offend or annoy people when someone doesn't intend that to be the case. Maybe when danny sees my reply he will feel the need to respond, maybe not. Maybe he thinks i'm rude for calling him rude. Without the benefit of tone it's hard to really tell what someone meant or if they are joking. Anyway, I love to ride a motorcycle and I plan on continuing said activity. =)

Easy - see ya soon! Are you bringing a bike? I know some good country roads, they aren't very interesting or curvy but they do have nice green grass and horses to look at. You can be rude to me in person, I deal with that shit all the time at work and I'm likely to throw it right back at ya. =P (I work at home depot, and guys are often offended that a "little girl" wants to help them with plumbing instead of some old dude).

Damn, I'm on a roll with these ridiculously long replies today! My apologies to all of your eyeballs for forcing you to read my nonsense!
Old 04-15-2010, 09:34 PM   #55
dhgeyer

Quote:
Damn, I'm on a roll with these ridiculously long replies today! My apologies to all of your eyeballs for forcing you to read my nonsense!
Long? Long you say??? Young lady, your posts are not long! Have you read some of mine lately? Easy used to complain about my long posts, but now he's found other things to complain about. :poke2:

Really, it's good to have the point of view of a new, young, female rider here. I like what you write. I think you have a lot of sense. Remember, motorcycling is one of relatively few things you will do in life where your life literally depends on how well you do it. Therefor, learning is a lifelong experience, and riding is best approached with that attitude. By the questions you ask and the comments you make, it is obvious that you are aware of this, and are actively trying to improve all the time. Sometimes young males think they have to know it all already. Dishearteningly few riders I know really try to learn more on a continuing basis as part of the whole riding "deal".

The people who really should consider giving it up are the ones who think that they have nothing more to learn, and have no need of improvement.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:23 PM   #56
Easy Rider

Quote:
Easy - see ya soon! Are you bringing a bike?
Yes. Wouldn't be coming othewise.....probably.
I made that trip last year on the GZ and had a good time but I think the Honda will handle it just a bit better.

I have a small Shadow riders meet in southern Illinois on May 22.
That puts me about 1/4 the way to Atlanta where my daughter and her "fir farm" lives.
And THAT puts me just a few hours from N. Florida........where we hope to start "wintering" next year.

An excellent excuse for a nice long bike trip, wouldn't you say ??
And it gets me out of the house for about 2 weeks which makes my wife happy too.
Win....win !!
Old 04-15-2010, 10:57 PM   #57
diffluere

dh - thanks for the compliments. =)

To be honest, aside from motorcycling I'm a bit of a know-it-all in most subjects. I am what you call a "nerd" and I LOVE proving people wrong, especially at work when boys think they know more than me about "fixin' shit" or whatever. I assure you in a few years I will be a know-it-all about motorcycling and will sit around here schooling n00bs on what to do when there is a GINORMOUS amount of pollen on your driveway.....(seriously. I am going to take a pic tomorrow to show you guys. You can't see where the driveway ends and the road starts.)

Easy -see PM. Illinois -> Florida sounds like one hell of a trip! No way I'd make that on the current seat on the Babybike (what I call my GZ). I barely made it to Crystal River and back with lots of breaks, man that thing is NOT comfy!
Old 04-16-2010, 08:19 AM   #58
dhgeyer

Quote:
GINORMOUS amount of pollen on your driveway.....(seriously. I am going to take a pic tomorrow to show you guys. You can't see where the driveway ends and the road starts.)
You're complaining about pollen? It was in the 80's here the end of March for crying out loud. Oh well - Spring in New England.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:58 AM   #59
music man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhgeyer
Quote:
GINORMOUS amount of pollen on your driveway.....(seriously. I am going to take a pic tomorrow to show you guys. You can't see where the driveway ends and the road starts.)
You're complaining about pollen? It was in the 80's here the end of March for crying out loud. Oh well - Spring in New England.

That picture of your snow, is what the pollen here looked like until about a week ago when we got a good rain storm to wash some of it away.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:00 AM   #60
dannylightning

Quote:
I don't see how telling me to give up motorcycling isn't 'rude'...okay maybe 'insensitive' is a better word.
sorry doll, i was not trying to be rude, i see you saying if you make a stop that is not on your normal daily motorcycle rout you start feeling strange and get confused (or something along those lines) than you say going from the motorcycle to your jeep messes you up and you cant break the jeep correctly cus your breaking skills in a car are damaged from riding a motorcycle.

when i read that the first thing that came to my mind is wow that is scarry, if that were happening to me i would not be riding a bike but i was under the impression that these kind of things happen to you all the time, maybe i missed something in there saying that this was just once in a blue moon.

i actually do not fly around curves super fast like a macho man all that often :lol: my new bike is not made for that, it is a pretty big bike and i do try to make sure i know the bikes limits, how fast i can take curves on it and i feel that is important to know., my gz on the other hand i could take sharp curves much faster,

when learning to ride and you get comfortable on a bike i feel you should definitely work on taking curves fast, pick a road and to know the curves on that road like the back of your hand and see what you can do on that curvy road, why do i feel this is necessary, well you never know what is going to happen out there on the road, there is always the chance that you are going to come up on a sharp curve when not expecting it. or halve to make a emergency sharp turn out of the blue. so yes you should be able to take corners at fast speeds encase you ever need to.

when i first started i did not know how to take a curve well at all. other guys were taking them much faster than me and staying in the center of the lane, where i was taking them slower and not able to stay in the center of the lane so i practiced and practiced on curvy roads and ill tell you want it made a huge difference in my riding abilities.

i feel it is good to push your riding abilities a little more and a little more at a time but only push as much as you are ready for.