Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 10-29-2011, 02:08 AM   #51
Peachy140

Re: Start Up Problem

Not to confuse you or anything, Im sure all the technical advise youre getting is good, but have you tried bumping it? Its not a long term solution but should at least get your bike running.

I had trouble with mine a while back there were days i could start it with the starter and there were days when it was almost as if the battery wasnt there... then there were the days when i got really cheesed off because it started fine in the morning and got me to work without any problems then 8 hours later it refused to budge.

In any case when ever I couldnt start the bike electronically shifting it into second gear, holding in the clutch and running a few meters with it then jumping on releasing the clutch and revving the throttle a bit got me home again.

Ive had no problems getting my bike to start since doing the following:

1. Changed battery
2. Cleaned connections inside start switch casing
3. Changed spark plug
4. Cleaned Carb

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-29-2011, 08:25 AM   #52
Gz Rider

Old 10-29-2011, 10:47 AM   #53
Peachy140

Thanks GZ Rider, yeah youre right about the skidding and the possibility of killing the starter but seeing as there was already so much technical info coming in already I thought Id mention the one thing that no one else had brought up.

Bumping a bike down hill is definately the easiest way... however it is also possible to run with the bike on a flat. Its just a question of the right timing and getting the wheels turning fast enough for a successful bump. Ive often found that where an old battery is the culprit, riding the bike around at high revs has charged the battery sufficiently to get the starter working again. Although as I said its a way of getting the bike going until you can sort the problem, but by no means a long term solution.

Old 10-29-2011, 06:50 PM   #54
Gz Rider

Old 10-30-2011, 06:35 AM   #55
Peachy140

lol I totally agree with that mate.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:34 PM   #56
longumd

Hello it's me again.

I've been putting some effort today to get the bike start again, but doesn't work well.

I got a new battery last weekend but haven't tried it yet.

I uploaded a picture of how it looks like around my starter motor, lots of rust in there.

So I got my old battery charged, get it installed. It seems to be better this time, hearing a series of sound "B" as we talked before when I pressing the start button. It doesn't get my bike start though. Second time is the same thing, some sound "B" and bike doesn't start. The third time I pressed the start button I only heard some noise coming out from the white box besides the battery (picture attached). Then everytime I press the start button, it comes out with the same noise in this box. Nothing happen in the starter motor.

I also tried jump start then, it was the same thing, just some noise from the white box.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:06 AM   #57
Water Warrior 2

Longumd, stop before you get in over your head. Actually you are already I think. You should find some one local who knows more about a bike than you do. The pic of the "starter" is actually the front sprocket and chain. Very rusty and unkept by the previous owner. You should get some hands-on help in my opinion. Not trying to discourage you but trying to keep you from doing needless work without the proper knowledge of the bike.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:22 AM   #58
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by longumd
I only heard some noise coming out from the white box besides the battery (picture attached).

I also tried jump start then, it was the same thing, just some noise from the white box.
The "white box" is the starter solenoid. This should "click" when you press the starter switch, as this is what "switches" & lets power through to the starter motor. I agree with WW, that your knowledge is very limited. Not your fault but I reckon you need some assistance before you spend unnecessary time finding the problem by accident, if at all. :2tup:
Old 11-02-2011, 07:58 AM   #59
longumd

Thanks guys.

I will try to get some help then.

I'm wondering do you have any suggestions on the next step? I will try to read the manual carefully.

What do you recommend to buy to clean the rust and lube the parts?
Old 11-02-2011, 11:29 AM   #60
Gz Rider