Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 08-31-2009, 05:25 PM   #51
Easy Rider

Re: getting new bike, 3 to decide on. hmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning
but i fell in love 3 thousand for the bike. 6k miles on it. suzuki intruder volutia.. reminds me of a old indain...
Let's see.....who was it that mentioned an M50 ????

I think that's what they are called these days.

Lots of good folks here:
http://www.motorcycle-journal.com/forum/

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-31-2009, 06:46 PM   #52
burkbuilds

Hey Danny, nice looking bike, congratulations! Hope you enjoy it for a long time. It looks like it fits you very well. I think you got a great price on it too!
Old 08-31-2009, 09:04 PM   #53
dhgeyer

Well, that's a bit bigger than anything we were discussing. You won't outgrow that bike for a very long time, if ever. With the accessories you can get, you can tour on it, commute, do long day rides, pretty much anything you want. Sounds like you got a great deal. I'm sure you will enjoy it for years to come. Congratulations!

You might want to check the DOT codes on the tires. You didn't mention what model year it is. If they are original, and the bike is more than 5 years old, you might want to consider replacing the tires, as they lose their stickiness (ability to hold the road in emergency maneuvers or marginal road conditions) over time. They can have this happen even though they look fine and have lots of tread left. If they are over 5 years old, and you don't replace them, then just bear in mind that you have a bit less traction than you might expect.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:23 AM   #54
dannylightning

no service records or any thing like that. i purchased the bike from a shop that is really nit pickey about what they sell and they go over their bikes with a fine tooth comb. thats what i always heard about this place and i witnessed it first hand after looking at a bike in the shop not ready to go out on the floor yet that was all tore apart getting this and that fixed

how do i like the power?? it's too much power, not saying that is a bid thing just saying this thing has more that any one could ever really need. give it a medium amount of throttle and its leaves the car driving behind you in the dust. on the highway there was no use for 5th gear unless you are really hauling ass. the bike really took no getting used to at all (well practically none) probably rode 100 miles today and the first 20 i was being really cautious and getting to see how it handled and all that, next thing you know i was off riding pretty care free like i would have on the gz..

its big, way bigger than any thing i wanted. when i saw it i thought thats a nice looking bike, when i set on it i said way too big and a little bit top heavy but. when i test drove it it ride like a Cadillac (comfort and suspension wise). i got back from my test ride and thought this bike at this price in this kind of shape is going to be hard to pass up. most bikes in the price range are not this nice and have more miles.

the rear tire is brand spanking new, the front is a little older, this bike is great for any type of riding you may want to do, the seat is quite comfy. as of this moment i can say i have been able to handle this bike just as well as my gz250, surprisingly. cant take sharp corners as fast on it tho. i slow down much more for the tight turns. bigger bike slower handling i guess.

i don't think this would be the the older version of the m50 by the looks of it i think i would be more of the c50. not quite sure but when i get on the suzuki page i think it looks the closest to the c50 they make now.

i dont think im going to modify this bike, if so i think i would add a spring seat and lower it. and thats it, im quite happy with the looks of the bike, i think this is is pretty much best left alone. the pipes make a little bit of noise and the sound that comes out of them is beefy. i would like them to be a bit louder but than again this bike is not gonna piss any of the neighbors off. i can let it set and warm up in the driveway at 3am and no one will call the police or throw a shoe at me. .
Old 09-01-2009, 12:48 AM   #55
Water Warrior 2

Re: getting new bike, GOT NEW BIKE

Your bike is an older version of the C-50. Carbs instead of FI. A really nice ride that will take you across America without breaking a sweat. The C-50 and your bike have a better wider seat than the M-50. Of course that would apply to people of normal height and leg length. I did a comparison sit on the C and the M. The C fit me better but the M does fit Lynda much better at 5 ft and a bit.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:07 PM   #56
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Your bike is an older version of the C-50. Carbs instead of FI. A really nice ride that will take you across America without breaking a sweat. The C-50 and your bike have a better wider seat than the M-50. Of course that would apply to people of normal height and leg length. I did a comparison sit on the C and the M. The C fit me better but the M does fit Lynda much better at 5 ft and a bit.

i could feel confident taking this bike across the country, that is if i wanted to. plenty of power and comfort. when the wind is blowing hard the bike dont sway around like the gz did. it was really windy yesterday the big gust hit me and and no big deal. a few times on the gz i thought i was gonna blow over.

day two with the new bike and loving it. just shined it up, adjusted the idle a little bit. seemed just a little bit to low where it was set so i cranked it up just a bit. it stalled out a few times while warming up the bike, not any more. I took off the back seat, looks way better with out it.

im completely used to the size and weight of this thing already i figured it would take a good week or two to get used to it. i was thinking it did not handle as well as the gz but it actually does. it just feels likeing im going a lot slower on this bike, for some reason 20mph felt faster on the gz. i can still turn on to a side street around 20mph. i looked at my speed when i was doing that a few times. you cant even feel railroad tracks unless there really rough.

right now i am one happy camper. i really think that was the best 3 grand i have ever spent. I think its funny how i really wanted a smaller size bike and ended up with a monster. well at least for a guy that's about 5 foot 6 and around 150 lbs its a monster.

i really don't want to go to work today, i would rather stay home and ride that thing.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:11 PM   #57
VTXorcist

Send a message via Yahoo to VTXorcist

That is a sweet-lookin scoot man.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:21 PM   #58
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXorcist
That is a sweet-lookin scoot man.
thank you
Old 09-04-2009, 11:58 AM   #59
bonehead

You look a little sick to me. I suggest you call in sick and travel a couple hundred miles and get some asprin. BTW great looking bike.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:56 PM   #60
alantf

Wish we had the choices (especially second hand), on this small island, that you guys have in that great big US of A!