BillInGA

Re: here i am

2009 Gladius - Seat height 30.9 inches, MSRP $6,899

Gladius Specs

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-30-2010, 11:08 AM   #42
diffluere

I've actually sat on both bikes, and the Gladius feels wrong for me. I don't really remember why but I didn't like it. I think it looks cool though, especially the white and blue one. I LOVE white bikes for some reason. I don't think my stealership has the GS. I love the Yamaha R6 but everyone has one, they're 10 grand, and the seat is 33.5 inches high. Ugh. If I had 10 grand I'd buy a used Buell and get myself some cool stuff for the GZ, haha!

I hate going to the dealership but sometimes I just get really bored and want to go look at the pretty-shiny-things. Plus, it's off of 441 so whenever I feel like taking a short solo cruise it's on my way out of town. I wish I could put on an invisibility cloak or something so all the guys would just leave me alone. They always make stupid comments about the gz too, like how it's so small and I need a bigger bike. *eyeroll* Yeah when my legs grow three inches or my bank account grows 6k... There is one guy my age(ish) that pretty much knows me, since I used to go in there with my ninja-owning friend all the time. He'll come over and talk to me about his bikes but otherwise he leaves me alone. If I ever decided to buy a bike there (unlikely) I'd buy it from him, which maybe is his secret plan all along.

Bill - It's been a while since I've messed with bbcode but I think you type [*url=www.google.com]Google[/url*] but take the asterisks out.

Google

Thanks for reading yet another one of my rambling posts.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:30 PM   #43
BillInGA

That did it - thanks for the assist. I remembered seeing is somewhere, but I just couldn't find it.

My local dealer doesn't sell Suzukis anymore, so I haven't been able to sit on any of them lately. I like the V-Strom 650 a lot, but at a seat height of 32.5 inches it's just a little too tall for me - I'm a 30-inch inseam. The SV650 looks like a lot of fun as well and it's an inch lower, so that might be doable. I've always liked the Honda Shadow, but I'm not sure I'd go with the cruiser-style seating geometry again.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:17 PM   #44
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillInGA
That did it - thanks for the assist. I remembered seeing is somewhere, but I just couldn't find it.

My local dealer doesn't sell Suzukis anymore, so I haven't been able to sit on any of them lately. I like the V-Strom 650 a lot, but at a seat height of 32.5 inches it's just a little too tall for me - I'm a 30-inch inseam. The SV650 looks like a lot of fun as well and it's an inch lower, so that might be doable. I've always liked the Honda Shadow, but I'm not sure I'd go with the cruiser-style seating geometry again.
You can easily lower the WeeStrom about 1 to 1.5 inches on each end. I did have the rear end of mine lowered 1 1/8 inches and about 1 inch in front. Went back to stock in the rear and about 3/4 inches down in the front. The rear required different links and the front is free, just slide the forks up a bit.
I actually lowered the front of Lynda's M-50 1 inch just yesterday to give her a little more foot grip at a stop. Also had my yearly ride on her bike.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:50 PM   #45
diffluere

I like the V-Stroms a lot too, I don't think my dealer has one though. Maybe the Ocala one does...might have to take a personal road trip one day.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:26 AM   #46
mrlmd1

The Kawasaki Ninja 250 has a seat height of 30.5" unladen, so it's not at all high. And it's a blast to ride, quick, nimble, and economical with the same gas mileage as the GZ 250. Harder to fit any bags or luggage on, small windscreen, no real engine bars, just frame sliders to try and protect the plastic fairings from drop damage.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:39 AM   #47
diffluere

The transmission on it is really nice too. You barely have to think about shifting and *click* its in gear for you. The gz seems like it takes a little more effort. Maybe its the way your foot is angled when you shift on the ninja. I really like it but I don't think I'd buy one for myself. I'll just keep driving to South Carolina to ride my friend's bike!

edited to prevent possible innuendo =P
Old 05-01-2010, 11:14 AM   #48
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffluere

edited to prevent possible innuendo =P
Innuendo please! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 05-01-2010, 11:18 AM   #49
Sarris

Innuendo .. the Italian suppository.