Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 01-06-2012, 10:24 PM   #41
mole2

Re: If you knew then what you now know

[quote=Gz Rider]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Gz Rider":2x7lfe9g
My plan is to look for an M2010 Snell helmet with the features I want. If for whatever reason, I can't find that, I'll pursue a regular DOT helmet with the feeling that I'm not giving up much on safety. I will not consider any M2005 helmets.
I bought my new helmet today. It is the scorpion EXO500 for $200.00.

One of the main reason I wanted a new helmet was for the drop down visor. I could not find one that had the M2010 rating from Snell. I thought that meant I had to drop to plain DOT standards. I realized there was a middle ground. I decided to get one that had ECE 22.05 and DOT certification. It looked to me like mosts of the M2010 standards were adjusted to meet ECE 22.05 standards so I feel happy with the ECE 22.05 label. One of the salesmen I spoke to even tried to tell me the ECE 22.05 label meant it was Snell certified. He got an earful. I think it was an honest mistake made by an uneducated saleman but the lesson is NEVER TRUST A SALESMAN![/quote:2x7lfe9g]

My Vega Summit II full face modular has the same certifications. I bought it at the time they released the Summit III which has the flip down sun visor. Everything I read about the III said it wasn't an improvement on the II so I went with the II. I bought a dark visor for it since most of my riding is during the day but I carry the clear visor in case I get caught out after dark. It's simple to swap. I'm very happy with the purchase as Jafrum was closing them out and I got a $179 helmet for $89. The white helmet with the dark visor makes me look like a plump storm trooper. lol

Login or Register to Remove Ads