Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 06-27-2010, 04:13 PM   #41
blaine

Re: Signal lights

Not a big process.Just go slow as not to loose any small parts.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-27-2010, 07:19 PM   #42
fairweatherrider

I'll give it a try on a rainy day when I don't ride and let you know how I make out. Thanks
Old 06-27-2010, 10:38 PM   #43
Water Warrior 2

I would be very careful with taking the switch apart. From past experience I seem to find there is always a little spring waiting to leap out into parts unknown. Had a push to stop switch on my KDX that never really worked no matter how hard and long I held down the button. Took it apart and a little spring lept out of the garage into a grassy area. The dealer wanted $38 for a new switch back in 1988. Bought a regular off/on switch at Radio Shack for a buck.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:06 PM   #44
fairweatherrider

Well I finally made up my mind, ordered a new flasher relay, and installed it today and yahoooo, the signal lights work just fine. Thanks everybody for the help and, Water Warrior, you finally convinced me. It definitely cost more than a car flasher but I guess I'm just fussy and wasn't ready for a 'home remedy'.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:57 AM   #45
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairweatherrider
Well I finally made up my mind, ordered a new flasher relay, and installed it today and yahoooo, the signal lights work just fine. Thanks everybody for the help and, Water Warrior, you finally convinced me. It definitely cost more than a car flasher but I guess I'm just fussy and wasn't ready for a 'home remedy'.
Out with it.........how much did they need to make a sale ?

Old 07-17-2010, 11:49 AM   #46
fairweatherrider

Well I bought 2 spare bulbs with the relay, and it all cost me $59.95 ( plus $15.00 shipping which I thought was way too much) but I'm satisfied.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:03 PM   #47
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairweatherrider
Well I bought 2 spare bulbs with the relay, and it all cost me $59.95 ( plus $15.00 shipping which I thought was way too much) but I'm satisfied.
They sure want a pound of flesh for parts. That would have cost me over $100 in the Great White North. As it is I just had to shell out over $30 for a bearing from Suzuki because they wanted to have a unique hard to find part. Nothing wrong with a normal common bearing but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, we gotta be different.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:44 PM   #48
fairweatherrider

Can't you order your needs over the internet? It will cost you more for shipping though and might not be worth it. Check out where I ordered from...shspowersports.com
Old 07-18-2010, 02:11 AM   #49
Water Warrior 2

Some things can be ordered over the net and sent here via USPS and there are no duties or tariffs, just the shipping charge. Other times it is a real hit and I have never been able to figure out what the answer might be. It is a real crap shoot and can be expensive as all get out. Example : 2 jackets sent separately USPS from New Enough in Texas. One was no extra charge from the Canadian Postal Service, the other was an extra $28. Go figure. For larger expensive items I have them sent to a mailing address in Washington and I drive down and get it. So far so good crossing the border. Just recently picked up 2 tires for half of what they cost here.
2 years ago I had 2 tires bought and installed here on the Vstrom for $450. This week with tires from the U.S. installed here and 5 wheel bearings installed plus my gas cost I was $50 ahead of last time. It ain't cheap here but thankfully I don't have to pay what riders pay in Australia.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:53 AM   #50
alantf

I just checked on Amazon in England, for a filing cabinet that I wanted. Great price on the cabinet, but shipping would have more than doubled the price.