Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 03:36 PM   #31
mrlmd1

Re: what does a hyper charger do to your gas milage.

I have been reading this and tried to stay out of it, but I have to put my 2c in. Does anyone remember the diatribe that took place over the course of a few days back in April between me and ER resulting in a poll about who should leave the forum? I personally found his posts to me quite offensive and basically nasty, as did a few others, and I tried to fix it but it only got worse, with him absolving himself of any wrongdoing whatsoever and shitting on me even more. As he once said somewhere on here, maybe to me, "it's not WHAT you say, it's HOW you say it". That applies to all of us, the admins too.
We've since "made up", or I learned how to ignore his insults to me and others (which are real), but the basic point is there has to be more civility and respect for others to keep this forum going, and to keep the membership from leaving, If someone can't be civil, then they should go. If they can put a pause on their SUBMIT button and read their post again and think about what and how they said whatever their point was, then they should stay. It's quite simple. There should be no excuse for poor behavior, that that's just someone's personality. We are a community here and have to treat each other kindly.
So, ER, can you hear what people are telling you without getting pissed? Can you turn it down a notch ?
Are you coming or going?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-12-2009, 03:44 PM   #32
Easy Rider

[quote=patrick_777]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Easy Rider":33nwdcrq
\but I will not continue to participate in a conference where the free exchange of ideas is limited by the whims of the owner.
And yet you are still posting/lurking/annoying.

GTFO.[/quote:33nwdcrq]

And THAT is somehow NOT worse than what I did ????
Get the F*** off.......wow, deep.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:24 PM   #33
JWR

I am not going anywhere..... I like it here.

Signal to noise ratio is just a small part of any web site that has diverse members.

Jerry

Truth is there are lots of great bikes available
and not nearly as many good riders out there riding them...
"A man's got to know his limitations..."

Old 09-12-2009, 04:44 PM   #34
dannylightning

[quote=Easy Rider][quote="patrick_777":1ax6ajqm]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Easy Rider":1ax6ajqm
\but I will not continue to participate in a conference where the free exchange of ideas is limited by the whims of the owner.
And yet you are still posting/lurking/annoying.

GTFO.[/quote:1ax6ajqm]

Get the F*** off.......wow, deep.[/quote:1ax6ajqm]

please every one just drop the crap now, parden m. i agree you guys that are administrators should not be cursing out the members. if you dont like something sure give them a warning or what ever but please don't curse people out. and if there continues to be a problem enforce your warnings but dont set there and cuss and egg it on even more. no one is gonna be nice and calm when being cursed at, its is just gonna make things worse cus every one is going to get angry.

something to think about.. please drop the issue now. if easy sticks around great, if not than not. im sure if every one just chills out things will even out and every one can try to get along and every one will be happy
Old 09-12-2009, 04:45 PM   #35
mrlmd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWR
I am not going anywhere..... I like it here.

Signal to noise ratio is just a small part of any web site that has diverse members.

Jerry
Right on, well said. :2tup: :rawk:

But it could still be toned down a little.

Old 09-12-2009, 04:47 PM   #36
music man

Here is my two cents. I think just about everyone on here that posts even on a semi-regular basis has pissed someone off at some point or another, but the problem with Easy Rider is, is that it seems to happen at least every other post he puts up. It is just a constant barrage of nasty attitude towards anyone who doesn't agree with him. And I will be the first to say that I have seen plenty of threads that Easy Rider has actually contributed some helpful information to, but the bad side of that is, is that I have seen far more that he has just attacked someone and turned it into an argument.

It is just not necessary on a regular basis to go after people like that, there have been people that have wandered in here that got and definitely deserved an attack, but Easy Rider has attacked every one on here at least once, and most people that have been around for a while have gotten it several times. So I think what Dupo said to him was well deserved, and Dupo never told Easy in that original post to leave, just to tone that shit down or he would make him leave, and I don't think that is such an unreasonable request.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:41 PM   #37
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
Get the F*** off.......wow, deep.
Out, not off. And it's not worse because it was directed at YOU, not somebody who didn't ASK for it.

I thought you quit?
Old 09-12-2009, 08:18 PM   #38
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo

If anyone bothered reading that thread from shadowriders ... you may have seen that this has been ON GOING with easy, patrick, a few other members here and I.

I put up with it for a long time until he came into shadowriders forum and called all of us a bunch of assholes, among other things. Gloves came off ever since then. I respected him enough to let things slide on my end and let you all have at it here with small spats that happened. I lost the respect when he came into a forum that i've been a member of (patrick too) and start spouting his mouth off.

Disrespectful EVERYWHERE he goes.

Google his username sometime ... you'll find another forum he frequents and pisses members off.

Easy .... stop being so dam thick headed and realize what everyone is saying ... tone it down. THat was my original warning and i stick to that. You wanna keep it going? You have useful posts to members with problems ... then as musicman stated, your insults and 'bad' threads supersede the good ones. Simply tone it down and think about what you are going to put on the forum. Thats all thats been asked of you for a LONG time.

J

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 09-13-2009, 03:43 AM   #39
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmkindred

Not that anyone cares, as I hardly ever post and don't have much to offer knowledge wise, but I agree with burkbuilds - the administrators' reactions here have far exceeded anything Easy said. Easy, dhgeyer, Sarris and a few others have a lot of knowledge and I love learning from them, but I'm done, too. The only reason I even share it with everyone is as an example of how they're driving people away. I'll see if I can figure out how to "quit" the forum, but if the admins need to do that, then I'm formally requesting it. To Easy, dhgeyer, sarris and others, thanks for sharing your knowledge - I hope I can "see" you somewhere else in cyberspace.

Keith
Daym. Later dude. Gonna quit because i've reached my breaking point? ok then..................

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 09-13-2009, 12:36 PM   #40
mrlmd1

From the Sunday magazine section of my local paper today --
Closed Thread