Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 09-09-2009, 10:16 PM   #31
alanmcorcoran

Re: I've been thinking about you guys....

I see we have morphed into "places I love to go with unhealthy food that tastes so good..." No White Castles near me in CA, and Sonics are around, but sparse - but I drive by an In 'N Out everyday. Personally I think Ruby's diner makes a much better burger than any of those places, but to each his own. There's another place out here called Tommy's (aka Tommy Burger) that sort of epitomizes the draw of junk food: It takes a weak burger, adds a slice of tomato and covers the whole thing in questionable chili and... man does it taste good! Add an order of fries drowned in the same crappy chili and you are about as close to heaven as anybody is really going to get. (In more ways than one!)

Southern California seems to have more chains of fast food than anywhere I've been. From Popeyes, to Chik Fil A to Carl's Jr. To Jack In the Box, to Farmer Boys, Bob's Big Boy, Baha Fresh, El Pollo Loco, Johnny Rockets, Fatburger, well, I could go on for pages. A good place to ride and dine.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-10-2009, 03:40 PM   #32
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Re: I've been thinking about you guys....

Our newest restaurant is Chili's.

We have devoted so much attention to building up our "interestate roadside appearance" that the best places to eat here at all locally owned. We bring in big name restaurants that get great initial patronage by our sheepish town folk and then quickly flounder into a heaping pile of rotting fish carcass.

The most recent example of this was Fudruckers and Starbucks (although the SB closing was part of the nationwide corporate decision.) If you want anything better than a Western Sizzlin' steak in Dalton, you had better travel north, to Chattanooga.