Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 01-27-2011, 01:03 PM   #31
blaine

Re: No Lights, No sound, No NOTHING

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
Well................ Flippy hasn't been back to us since December 16th .................... So - were we right or were we right? :whistle:
I think we were played!! :mad:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-21-2011, 08:44 PM   #32
Blitzburgh7sb

If you guys were played that is too bad. I was reading this posting hoping to shed light on my recent experience with my 2003 gz. I had a hard braking this morning, gate across the road was in place when its not supposed to be at that time. Went around a turn and there it was... closed. Hit both brakes, locked up the front, released front and held the rear. Skidded and almost went sideways down til I released the rear. Got back upright just in time to bump the gate - thank god it was not locked or chained. Bike just pushed through at about 3 mph. Now the problem - continued on to work w/o issue. Left work and turned the key, nothing. Flicked the shutoff swith a couple times (read about that here), turned key a few times nothing. Checked battery for lose conntection- ok there. Read somewhere on here about taking it in and out of gear for an electrical problem then Moved bike back and forth. Tried key and bingo started right up. I am assuming its a lose connection somewhere but was looking for the most logical place to start after checking battery battery conncections and ground?

Any suggestions would be most welcome? I will post this in a new thead if needed.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:13 PM   #33
blaine

Check the connections at the side stand switch,make sure they are clean and tight.If everything looks good, I would spray some contact cleaner in your switches.It might be one of them fluke things that never happen again.
:cool:

Old 02-21-2011, 09:54 PM   #34
Blitzburgh7sb

Cleaned the side stand switch, was getting pretty gummy - that may be it. I will get some contact cleaner for them and give them a good shot. Hopefully a fluke thing like you said Blaine. I will post a reply if it repeats. Since I was getting the hands dirty anyway I went ahead and adjusted the rear brake linkage.

Thanks.
Old 07-03-2016, 11:19 AM   #35
bob

I am trying to fix a friends GZ with this same problem. No neutral light or headlight and start switch does not start it. I can jump the start relay and it runs fine with all lighting working. Tried a new ignition switch but it did not fix the problem. Good fuses, battery and connections. What is next?