Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 06-07-2011, 12:13 AM   #31
Nightsbane

Re: I need your help, am I the right size, & should I buy a

Thanks for the heads up. I"m in Kansas, so wind is an issue often, but not hills. Never hills.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-07-2011, 12:25 AM   #32
Nightsbane

Strelok, it is the NEW one that is marked 500 over msrp for a "sale", and as far as fees are concerned, tax is the only thing paid to the dealer in this state. You pay all other tag fees etc. to the title office/DMV. Something is fishy if suzuki says the models for now and on back are 2999, and there's are 3500 for a "deal".
Old 06-07-2011, 12:39 AM   #33
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightsbane
Strelok, it is the NEW one that is marked 500 over msrp for a "sale", and as far as fees are concerned, tax is the only thing paid to the dealer in this state. You pay all other tag fees etc. to the title office/DMV. Something is fishy if suzuki says the models for now and on back are 2999, and there's are 3500 for a "deal".
Just a thought. Maybe the dealer bought the bike in 09 before the economy went into the crapper and is trying to sell without too much of a loss. One theory anyway.

Old 06-07-2011, 01:04 AM   #34
Strelok

Nightsbane~

It's the same thing in my area. Websites suggest $2999 but Dealers are asking
for about $3500-$3999 for new. I would be really surprised if a Dealer did not
charge Fees for Preparation/Assembly/Destination or other various names used.
They rarely tell you all of this until they provide the paperwork for you to sign.
I recently got my 2006 GZ250 because I didn't want to pay more than $2000
for a Motorcycle and I wanted something fairly modern than my older stuff.

Old 06-07-2011, 01:52 AM   #35
Strelok

Nightsbane~

Keep in mind if you come to a GZ250 Forum...most people here are going to suggest the same.

I like a wide variety of Bikes even if I don't fit on a lot of them or care for the stance like a
Sportsbike that is uncomfortable to me. I like Cruisers, Standards and even some Scooters.

You weren't kidding when you mentioned not a lot of choices in Kansas. Since you did
not specify where in Kansas my suggestions may be near or too far to be reasonable.

This is the only used GZ250 I saw in Kansas. It's kind of high in miles for what they
are asking. Should be about $500 less but I'm not sure of the market where you're at:
http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2005 ... 0-96708229

If I had the $2999 you mention for the GZ250...I would get this TU250 which is more
or less the same thing except more Standard than Cruiser style and has Fuel Injection.
It is used and has 1,828 miles but sure beats paying another $1000 for a new one:
http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2009 ... X-98689616

Lastly this caught my eye. It's a very rare Honda Scooter only made 2 years. It is 250cc,
liquid cooled and has a rear seat that folds as a backrest for the driver. It has dual headlights
and is similar to the still available Honda Ruckus 50cc Scooter. It may be too ugly for you:
http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2005 ... 0-98717833

Good Luck with whatever makes you happy.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:18 PM   #36
Nightsbane

Yeah haha, there isn't a lot here. I am smack dab in the center, so though a couple of those listings look interesting I would need to drive at least 2 hours to get to them just to see them, and have no trailer or truck to get them back.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:42 AM   #37
Downgrade

I'm a new rider as well, Ive had my GZ for just over 2 months, and I thought I was making a mistake buying a smaller bike knowing I would grow out of it. I am also 5'10 250lbs..(I still go 60-65 with 30-40 lbs of gear for work) I make the bike work :p. I want a bigger bike now. Do I regret not getting one to start with? Hell no. I've very glad I started small. After I took the MSF course I sat on a buddy of mines vstar 1100, sure it was really comfortable, but the sheer size/weight of the bike scared the piss out of me.

They say there are 2 kinds of riders, ones who have dropped their bike, and ones who are about to. Personally Id rather drop a 300lb bike (that cost me 1k) than a bike more than twice that weight and 5 times more expensive. And let me tell you, Ive dropped my bike once, and almost got into a serious accident once (and a few OH SHIT Im going too fast for this curve moments). Sure my bike has a couple scuff marks, but it adds character . The GZ is so forgiving for new riders, it's hard NOT to recommend it.

I'd get the GZ, and while learning to ride it, start saving your money for a bigger bike. My friend's dad has an 1800cc bike, his first bike was a 125cc. When he showed HIS dad his bike, his dad said nice scooter, and as he walked away he said the day you think youve mastered it, it will kill you. You have to respect whatever it is you decide on getting.

At the end of the day, it's your life your living, not anybody elses, do what you think is right for you.

My $.02
Old 06-08-2011, 06:07 AM   #38
Nightsbane

Thanks a ton Dowrngrade for your input. I am definitely going with the GZ as long as I can find one around here to buy...
Old 06-08-2011, 05:28 PM   #39
Downgrade

I don't think it necessary has to be a GZ, any 250cc will do fine I'm sure
Old 06-08-2011, 10:46 PM   #40
Nightsbane

Not to many options really, the rebel is too small, don't want a sport bike or dualsport, and can't get eliminator any more (which I really liked)