Old 02-12-2007, 07:40 PM   #31
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupo
Oh yea, i know what you mean about looks. I tossed a few out the door based soley on the look of the bike. The boulevards are a prime example of that. Nice bikes, look kinda gay to me LOL.
Well, I don't know about gay but when I'm riding my Boulevard C50 (805cc) I'm pretty happy.
Sorry bill i shoulda been more specific, i meant those futuristic looking new boulevards. I just dont see those as cruisers, rather more of a T3 movie prop.
Not a problem Dupo. I don't get rattled easily. I noticed the smiley face on your post and got a grin from your description. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to razz a little.

By the way which bikes are you looking at? Got any links/pictures? I haven't seen anything from Suzuki that are futuristic.

Cheers!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-13-2007, 02:01 AM   #32
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 02-13-2007, 07:59 AM   #33
Bill

I understand. When I first saw that model I thought - Batman. I'm not sure where this fits into the scheme of things. Not a cruiser for sure. I sat on it and it was not comfortable for me but I don't remember why. Oh wait - now I do. I was leaning forward too much instead of down in the saddle.
It has been getting good reviews in its class and there was an article in a recent magazine comparing it to the Victory and another bike. Fortunately Suzuki has considered a C109 that should mimic the C50 and C90 models so it will be a little more traditional design. We'll see. It should be out in a few months.

Cheers!

Old 02-13-2007, 10:18 AM   #34
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Batman, good call lol.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 03-17-2007, 03:41 AM   #35
Jordan310

The GZ250.

I bought it new. Yea, I know. But I thought .. hey, Im a new rider, Im not trying ta go fast, I dont know what Im doing, and I dont wanna kill myself.
Besides .. I was trying to buy a Suziki M50 but got turned down for credit, so I thought - hey wha the heck. It has been a fun ride, and sometimes frusterating, but Im still learning. Ive only had the bike for a month now, and know that in a few more, Ill be ready to move up. Honestly, I dont really see needing to move up past 600-700cc's (800 Tops).

I already ride the GZ on the dealiest of freeways, and even got a damn speeding ticket to prove that the GZ can go just fine.
Yea, it lacks power, and in a tight squeeze, yer pretty much screwed at high speeds - sometimes even low, but its a REALLY good learning experience.

I looked at a lot o bikes, and originaly I wanted a sports bike but my wife had a fit, so I got this little mini cruiser. Hey, its still fun for now, but honestly, .. I see moving up to a 600-650, and then the M50. Im actually glad I didnt get it to learn on. In any case, .. Im in the same boat, or will be soon.

When I sell the GZ (if I do), I was thinking of a Honda 599. Its a naked bike, and kind of good looking.
Looks like a good all around bike for the slabs, and the city. Plenty of power and not a full racer or cruiser.

Old 03-17-2007, 07:04 AM   #36
Bill

How did you get a speeding ticket on the interstate in LA if you're not trying to go fast (and after only one month of riding)? :??:

Maybe your wife sees something that you don't see if she had a fit about a sport bike. Speed can be your friend but it also kills. An accomplished rider is more concerned with finesse and control. That can be learned on any size or style bike. There is plenty of time to move to a larger or different style bike. Seems like you've got yourself a "good one" in your choice of bikes and wives. :2tup:

Don't mean to sound like an old fart.

Cheers!
Old 03-17-2007, 07:48 PM   #37
Jordan310

Well, yea.
I mean, I was going as fast as the bike would let me, but I was in the carpool lane, and I also was with the rest of the traffic.

I had tons of room in front of me, no cars ..

I know, I know. I wasnt really going downhill.
It was a straight pass, and the wind was kinda blowing in every direction.

I can post a copy of the speeding ticket if youd like. Yea, I got the bike up to 80, and its manageable.
Cant do that too often, but yea. And I also told the cop that the spedometer must be broken, because I couldnt do 80 on a 250cc bike. He just said, well, .. I checked twice to be sure, and yea .. Im not a mechnic, but you were def doing 79. Hmph. In any case, Ive learned my lesson. I really do need a better bike though soon enough. At least one that does not bitch at me when hitting 75. I think the whole reason I got the ticket was because it WAS a little GZ, and the cop saw that I was flying. Lol. :roll:
Old 03-17-2007, 08:29 PM   #38
Bill

I'm just glad you stayed upright and safe. These GZ250s are really impressive bikes. Have you been to the website and read about the guy who rides his cross country to Alaska?

Cheers!
Old 03-17-2007, 10:45 PM   #39
Jordan310

Thanks bill.
Yea, stayin upright.

Learned my lesson though. Its not a speedbike. I need to cool it a bit. =)
Old 04-18-2007, 10:02 AM   #40

DELETED