Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips > Lessons Well-Learned

Old 09-19-2009, 10:52 AM   #31
New GZ250

Re: some tips to keep you from dumping the bike.

Stupid is as stupid does. :crash:
New bike and pushing it to over 100MPH TOO!
MSF class would be a terrific idea!
Good luck.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-19-2009, 11:15 AM   #32
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
It means "can it be rectified?" i.e. "can it be put right?"

Is it a factory fault, or can it be repaired, to make it work Properly?
i only jammed on that break hard once and got the skid. tomorrow im gonna go out and give it a real test to see how well the rear break actually preforms. but as of right now i think it has much to be desired, i adjusted my front break a little bit and it breaks strong when you need it to it just had some gunk on the plunger and the break lever is adjustable how far away from the hand grip you want it or how close to the grip you want it. it put it further away from the hand grip and it seems to have more stopping power now. maybe i just need to mess with the rear break a little bit too. might just need adjusted. ill see what happens tomorrow.

thanks for calling me stupid newgz250, i appreciate that,
all im gonna say the ride and stability of my volusia is far superior compared to the gz, on bikes like this yo can comfortably go over 100mph.

live a little people, a helicopter could come down chop your head off while your standing at your mail box tomorrow. that actually happened ,no joke. a chopper crashed on this guy and killed him while he was standing at his mail box listening to his i pod. i found this information in a post of head phone related accidents and why you should not wear headphones out in publick. people don't hear things and get hurt or killed because of it. i would much rather die going 100mph on my motorcycle than die from wearing head phones. every thing is dangerous, your every day activities are dangerous. shit happens, you just got to hope it don't happen to you.

live you live have fun and be a dare devil today cus you never know what tomorrow may bring. and when your time comes it would be nice to at least say you had some fun and did not set around and worry about every thing.

im not going to take the class. my buddy is gonna copy these riding with the pro's videos and give them to me. its every thing they teach in the class and more
Old 09-19-2009, 12:20 PM   #33
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning
i would much rather die going 100mph on my motorcycle than die from wearing head phones.
Lemme get this straight!...... So I'm doing 100mph wearing headphones? I'm twice as likely to die?

I'm standing at my mailbox, wearing just one earphone! I'm half as likely to die? :whistle: :crackup

The mailbox gets my vote! :lol:

Old 09-20-2009, 03:21 AM   #34
dannylightning

Quote:
Quote:
i would much rather die going 100mph on my motorcycle than die from wearing head phones.
Lemme get this straight!...... So I'm doing 100mph wearing headphones? I'm twice as likely to die?

I'm standing at my mailbox, wearing just one earphone! I'm half as likely to die? :whistle: :crackup

The mailbox gets my vote! :lol:
ha that not correct at all. some one says stupid is as stupid does about me going 100mph, that was in a different thread. so im saying any thing can happen. have some fun now even if its a bit dangerous cus something you would never expect could hit you just like that and you would not even know it. i never said any thing about wearing head phones while riding a bike.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:48 AM   #35
alantf

Quote:
i never said any thing about wearing head phones while riding a bike.
Danny .......... I was making a joke (or rather - TRYING to) I suppose English & American humour must be 180º apart! :bang:

Old 09-20-2009, 09:35 AM   #36
greenhorn

Kudos to w.w. & e.r. for speaking their piece, laying low & bowing out. Class acts. I enjoy & learn from your posts.

Thanks! :wow:

Mary
Old 09-20-2009, 09:36 AM   #37
dannylightning

Quote:
Quote:
i never said any thing about wearing head phones while riding a bike.
Danny .......... I was making a joke (or rather - TRYING to) I suppose English & American humour must be 180º apart! :bang:
sorry, not in a good mood at all, decided im quititng my job after the shit the put me threw yesterday. I moved back to ohio with my job, finally got all my training taken care of so i could get all dot certified and start driving a truck again on the street. the rout they put me on yesterday covered 3 whole counties and i was the only driver out there. basically its was like this. get on the road and head to my first 2 stops, they were in a town called median, i started off in cleveland. i had 1.5 hours to get the 2 stops. so i drive all the way there, get to my first stop. got it, get my second stop, i now have 30 min to get to the next town and to the next stop before stop closes for the day, well it's about a 45 min drive just to get to the next stop. so i get there late, thankfully they were still there. filled up 80% of my truck with boxes from that place. than i get a call saying look threw your truck some one left 2 envelopes in that truck that need to be deliverd. find them and deliver them. so i do, at this point im way behind. i know where none of these other towns are even at. i have 2 big map books that cover the 3 counties. any stop could have been on any town covered in those 2 books., sure i can turn to a page and find where the street is but after i find the street on the map all i got is that page with no direction on how to get there, the map don't tell you that, you cant fold out the pages and see im here now this is how i get there so i got to figure out how the hell to get to the other places.

i was lost and behind all day kept getting turned around and messed up. no way to get all these stops off with all the driving it takes to get from one town to another. i was blind out there with no idea where the hell i was. never even heard of some of these towns.

i was so pissed off by the end of the day when i went to get gas and the credit card machine on the gas pump was broken i threw the heavy duty metal gas cap on the ground and smashed the whole side of it in and started screaming curs words in the parking lot. i got back to the station and there was one guy there. im in there screaming f this and f that than i call up my manager and pretty much do the same thing to him.

im not going to deal with this kind of stress and abuse. last time i worked here all the routs were small and you still had to run your ass off big time. it was hard physically and mentally. now they way they have this place set up its pretty much inpossible to get these routs done. especially for me, the guy they are sending out thee with no training and im pretty much out there blind. here are your stops, look up the zip code for each one, find it on the map and go deliver/pick it up. they got rid of a lot of them and combined those routs on to other routs. now most all of the routs cover 3-5 zip codes instead of just 1. on Saturday they only have one drive out doing pickups when they used to have 10 guys out there, it was still a big area on saturday but not the whole freking state of ohio.

i have only been driving the truck again for 3 days and the first thing i do when i get up in the morning is start stressing out about this job. even today on my day off. im still so upset, pissed and stressed out over yesterday and the tought of going in there and doing this crap again.

every one said this job has turned in to a big pile of crap and i finally under stand why. they werent lying. than the senior manager there is the most horrible person ever. people do every thing possible to avoid the guy. some set out in thir cars and wait till its punch in time to come in the building. even the other managers are scared of this guy.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:02 AM   #38
JWR

GPS????

Truth is there are lots of great bikes available
and not nearly as many good riders out there riding them...
"A man's got to know his limitations..."
Old 09-20-2009, 11:54 AM   #39
mrlmd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWR
GPS????
:plus1:
I'm sorry but you're not going to get a whole lot of sympathy here when you get frustrated and go bust up some of the company's equipment and quit. At least you have a job.
If you have a problem you should try and fix it, like with a GPS or a book of local maps or getting directions or laying out your route before you leave, instead of having a temper tantrum like a little kid. It's much easier to throw a raging fit and quit.
And if you break their equipment, not only will you have to pay for it, but what kind of recommendation do you think you'll get from them for your next job?
Analyze your problem and try a do something constructive to help yourself instead of behaving poorly and posting that kind of stuff on here.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:02 PM   #40
music man

Not only that, how much does this job pay, if you don't mind me asking. If it is more than 3-4 bucks an hour over minimum wage, then you should clutch it with both hands, and thank god every morning that you get to go do it. Most people have jobs that suck way worse than that, and make just enough money to keep you from starving to death so you can wake up to your miserable existence one more day to do it again.