Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 03-08-2014, 11:45 PM   #31
grasshopper

My two cents is to definitely do the research on the bikes you have your eyes on. I first read hours of reviews on different bikes. Price was a major factor for me and comfort, handling, maintenance, and the weight of the bike. Remember, your going to need to be able to handle the new heavier weight of the bike if you choose something bigger than a 250cc. My current bike weighs about 210 pounds more than the gz250. I can also do all my own maintenance on the bike like I did with the gz250 which is a major plus factor to save more money in the long run . I hope this helps. Take care and ride safe.

http://youtu.be/KIS9Hzv--f0
https://youtu.be/fvmTNllcQOQ

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-28-2014, 04:13 PM   #32
Kalel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior 2 View Post
I do like the S-40 and it's simplicity but if I were in the market I would be looking at a C-50. It is more bike and not a great deal more money overall. Lynda graduated to a M-50 from her GZ and loved it. I rode it and really liked it a lot but my thoughts were leaning towards a C-50 for the added comfort and even greater aftermarket stuff. They are(C-50 and M-50)basically the same bike with the same engine and powertrain but the M-50 was more of a muscle cruiser with better handling.
The C-50 is more of a laid back cruiser with better accommodations for touring with different bars, floor boards and a larger seat. Also had a heel toe shifter that was real easy to use after a couple miles in town.
2 very popular Yamahas are the 650 and 1100 Star models. Either one would be a reliable bike with decent fit and finish.

After all that, if I run across an old Suzuki Intruder 1400 in good shape I might jump on it. It is really neat looking and a torque monster with some very well done styling. A very clean uncluttered bike that is good for shorter rides but likely wouldn't make a great touring mount. I was asleep at the switch and missed a nice 1993 for $2,200. It would have been great to hit the road with a massive engine just loafing along at it's own pace.

How about the VS800 now called S-50 Water Warrior? . I want your opinion. As I said earlier I am happy with my GZ. But still every now and then I see bikes and prices and that model seems pretty good and if it's as simple and reliable as the GZ with more power, for the price they are sold is something good... :-)
Old 03-28-2014, 04:56 PM   #33
Water Warrior 2

The S-50 is a nice bike. Liquid cooled and has a nice clean shaft drive. Balanced look with a pipe on each side. This is the only 50 series Suzuki with carbs while the rest are FI fuel systems. A little lighter so it should go like a bat out of hell. Have a test sit on one if you can. Also so do a search for S-50 forums. You should get an owners opinion about it.

Old 04-28-2014, 06:08 PM   #34
Deafbiker13

Well buell does have 500 cc made by harley
Old 04-28-2014, 09:09 PM   #35
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deafbiker13 View Post
Well buell does have 500 cc made by harley
The Buell is out of production and there is little dealer support available for them. They were a good idea but didn't really make it to the short list for most folks. Too bad really. They might have evolved into a fine bike with a large following.