Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 09-18-2011, 09:44 AM   #31
mrlmd1

Re: All alone

It's a satellite based system, surely they go over your country too. Check on their website for coverage areas.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-18-2011, 08:46 PM   #32
Water Warrior 2

Will do.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:07 PM   #33
mole2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
Have you thought about a Spot Messenger to keep track of her or you if you take a trip (or at least know where the motorcycle is)?
I recently bought one down here at Best Buy for $27 and it came with a flotation case, LED flashlight, carabiner keychain, safety whistle, and a coupon for 15% off the first year's service for tracking and help/distress calls and other notifications. I haven't used it yet but the price was so low I couldn't pass it up, and it doesn't only have to be used on a motorcycle - my friends use it for boat and car trips and hiking in the woods.
Wow that is some price. Looking online the cheapest price is $79. Looking on the Best Buy site it's $99. Wanna pick one up for me and ship it to me? LOL I'll Paypal you the money.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:48 PM   #34
music man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
Have you thought about a Spot Messenger to keep track of her or you if you take a trip (or at least know where the motorcycle is)?
I recently bought one down here at Best Buy for $27 and it came with a flotation case, LED flashlight, carabiner keychain, safety whistle, and a coupon for 15% off the first year's service for tracking and help/distress calls and other notifications. I haven't used it yet but the price was so low I couldn't pass it up, and it doesn't only have to be used on a motorcycle - my friends use it for boat and car trips and hiking in the woods.
Wow that is some price. Looking online the cheapest price is $79. Looking on the Best Buy site it's $99. Wanna pick one up for me and ship it to me? LOL I'll Paypal you the money.

Thats what I said, I looked at Best Buy like you did, same thing, 99 bucks, on sale at that.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:06 PM   #35
Water Warrior 2

There is a fair sized thread on Stromtroopers about the Spot locator. More pros than cons but I have my doubts about trusting one when my life may depend on it. Of course if I don't have one at all there is no issue with just having doubts. Series one apparently has better battery life while series two is a bit smaller. Most functions are the same. I would want to see one in person before making a decision though, it may be all but useless to a person who just lost their glasses and can't see well enough to operate the buttons etc.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:48 AM   #36
Water Warrior 2

Not alone anymore. Lynda got back Wednesday at 4:40 in the afternoon. The last hour was a typical West Coast rain shower(read Wall of Water). Looks happy, relaxed, satisfied and just plain good. The trip was a real success in all respects including a couple surprises along the way. 4643.3 kms from start to finish. Now I will get busy and sort out some pics of a journey half way across Canada and back. Now what happened to my new card reader ??
Old 09-22-2011, 07:24 AM   #37
blaine

It's great,that she had a enjoyable trip,and no mishaps to foul it up! :2tup: :cool: