Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 04-22-2010, 01:45 AM   #31
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Re: Thumper tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZ250
Dupo, where did you get this clip?
I found it on some website that posts links to videos each day.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-22-2010, 01:46 AM   #32
Dupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning
any one else have a problem with the new version of Firefox, for me it shuts down a little too often and says there was a problem with fire fox, than ask if you would like to restore your precious session.
I get that every so often with an update. Sucks and i have to deal with it until they push another update. I hate having to reinstall because i have firefox customized like all hell ... big pain in the arse to get it back to where i had it.

Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 04-22-2010, 03:43 AM   #33
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupo
I get that every so often with an update. Sucks and i have to deal with it until they push another update. I hate having to reinstall because i have firefox customized like all hell ... big pain in the arse to get it back to where i had it.
It doesn't have to be. Just zip and copy your current profile and open the new install for Firefox using the -ProfileManager switch on the command line. It brings over all of your add-ons, bookmarks and everything. Also, use Xmarks to store your bookmarks in the cloud...it even has recovery points.

Old 04-22-2010, 04:59 AM   #34
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777

It doesn't have to be. Just zip and copy your current profile and open the new install for Firefox using the -ProfileManager switch on the command line. It brings over all of your add-ons, bookmarks and everything. Also, use Xmarks to store your bookmarks in the cloud...it even has recovery points.
That's o.k. if you know your way around computers. For an old(er) guy, all I know is "do you want to update?" - "yes". :??:
Old 04-22-2010, 01:10 PM   #35
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777

That's o.k. if you know your way around computers. For an old(er) guy, all I know is "do you want to update?" - "yes". :??:
lol, i don't really see a point on adding any of those optional Firefox features, i have not looked at them recently, maybe they got some good ones now.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:41 PM   #36
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning

lol, i don't really see a point on adding any of those optional Firefox features, i have not looked at them recently, maybe they got some good ones now.
Danny, although I don't know a lot about computers, my favourite firefox add ons are :-
Adblock plus
Download helper
Targeted Advertising Cookie Opt Out
Toolbar buttons
Update notifier
Webmail notifier
Wob of Trust (my first line of defence)

They all have a use, & they're all worth loading. :2tup:
Old 04-22-2010, 01:47 PM   #37
dannylightning

most of that does not interest me. but the add blocker i figured i wold see what the new and improved one was about, i just and i don't get any adds at all. the old one was kind of a joke. you had to click on a add and disable it. you might not get that add again but you would still get one of the other 500000000000000 adds out there.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:00 PM   #38
mrlmd1

Get a Mac. Problems solved.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:49 PM   #39
Dupo

Other useful addon's that i use constantly are:

Open Download ("run" downloaded exe's instead of saving them to your hard drive ... like internet explorer)
Map This (maps any address you highlight with directions from your house to the address)
Personas (skins for firefox, 1 click installation, 5,000 skins available)
Adblock Plus (blocks ads)
All In One Gestures (right click n slide mouse to go FWD and BKWD instead of clicking fwd/bck button)
CoolIris (insanely cool image browser)
Cool Previews (produces small button next to links that u can hover over to preview the link in a small box)
Download Manager Tweak (download manager upgrade)
Fast Dial (custom home page that you can add your most used website links to with custom images)
Fastest Fox (firefox tweaker)
Share This (one button click to share media/web pages with social networks, email etc)
Stylish (probably the coolest one i have ... lets you load custom user created scripts to change websites look. my facebook is now green xbox 360 skinned with NO ads, youtube has no ads and a bigger video window, craigslist is centered with a cool newspaper background +1 for this addon!)
Sxipper (auto form fill, auto login manager. works wonders once you give it all your information).
Kidzui (kid friendly and safe place for kids ... opens a brand new browser window loaded with stuff for kids to do. my kids absolutely love this)

Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 04-22-2010, 09:47 PM   #40
dannylightning

insanely cool image viewer ? i might check that one out
and the fastest fox, i will read about and see what it does, if it makes it run a little faster it will probably be worth it.
i don't really need directions to get places, I got a gps for that. don't care how my browser windows look or any thing like that.
i just care about my computer working well, or things that will improve performance.

mainly i just get on here, check my face book, read about fitness information, use my computer for a juke box, play some video games here and there and store my photos