Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 05-01-2018, 05:18 PM   #21
Glewis950@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunil View Post
did you ever find the cause of your issue? im having the EXACT same issue with an 02 gz250
I have an 09 with the same idling problem if someone finds the solution and shares it with us there could be a lot of happier GZ riders [emoji4]

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-06-2019, 08:08 PM   #22
rick1987

HELP I have the same problem very hard too set the idle either its too low or rev too much you hit the throttle and take forever to come back down .If anyone ever found what it is let us know
Old 05-06-2019, 08:59 PM   #23
Vegas Street Rider

In many cases, it is the petcock diaphragm.

Old 05-07-2019, 09:27 PM   #24
wacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick1987 View Post
HELP I have the same problem very hard too set the idle either its too low or rev too much you hit the throttle and take forever to come back down .If anyone ever found what it is let us know
Sounds like plugged pilot jet.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:35 PM   #25
wacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
Hello I have a 2000 gz250 with 15,364 miles that's driving me crazy lol. I've been working on my own bikes for as long as I can remember so I know a bit about fixing these things. Soon as the engine gets warm it won't idle for more then 10-15 seconds. It will idle hi or normal and then just gets slower and slower till it dies. It starts right up but the more it dies the harder it gets to restart. I've cleaned the carb a dozen times at this point and made sure the pilot jet is perfectly clean. So I know that's not the problem and I've sprayed carb cleaner all over the place will engine's running with no results so I know there's no air leaks. I've also check the petcock to make sure it's working right and it is. So what am I missing? I can't think of anything else that would cause this. Usually I clean the carb or replace a leaky hose and it fixes the problem every time know matter what bike i'm working on but this time no such luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Check if your petcock passages and screen are not plugged. You may have rust in tank making it into screen or even petcock. (check flow)

Last edited by wacio; 05-08-2019 at 10:53 PM.