Re: watery eyes

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-21-2011, 06:32 PM   #22
Water Warrior 2

[quote=Gz Rider]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Water Warrior":2lb8gqdg
Now have a full face flip up and perscription safety glass lenses.
Dumb 80's joke:

Why do valley girls make their boyfriends wear two condoms?

Fer sure, fer sure.[/quote:2lb8gqdg]
On really warm days I will leave the shield up in town sometimes but on the highway you never know when a stray Bee will cross your path. I saw the remains of a small bird in my windshield from a 35 mph impact. Even safety lenses would not have done me a lot of good. Just think of that little beak and gnarly feet smacking you in the face.
It is really the old story of being 21 and going to live forever. But in reality after a few decades you tend to really value life and are more careful. As old age creeps along into your life you value your health and life in general because you have less left to enjoy. Make it count, don't waste it with injuries and worse case scenarios.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:54 PM   #23
Rookie Rider

Guys, i wore my full face today for the first time. I went bout 70 miles on the highway too. Its tight but i enjoyed wearing it. Now i come on here to this great forum, and my eyes are wide open from reading everything you guys wrote. I do appreciate the help and the care and the direction you all showed on this thread. Full face is the way to go, cause i want to keep my face. Thank you each of you !!

Old 09-22-2011, 04:31 AM   #24
Water Warrior 2

The padding in your new helmet will compress a little after some more saddle time and it will be more comfy. Did you notice any extra weight from the full face helmet ? They do normally weigh more but a good fit will minimize the difference with some luck.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:53 AM   #25
Gz Rider

Old 09-22-2011, 08:03 AM   #26
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
The padding in your new helmet will compress a little after some more saddle time and it will be more comfy. Did you notice any extra weight from the full face helmet ? They do normally weigh more but a good fit will minimize the difference with some luck.
Also, if you ride often enough, your muscles will adapt and strengthen to it and you'll get to where you don't even notice it.

There are certain times of the year where I can ride maybe 7-14 days straight without ever getting into a car or vehicle like that. Without my helmet on I feel lost, even in the car sometimes. And with having all of the window pillars and things of that nature blocking my view, I feel cramped and almost blind to the world around me.

You'll get used to it and you're doing yourself a long-term favor by wearing it.
Well done.

:2tup:
Old 09-22-2011, 10:08 AM   #27
CMS

To each his own, but having been an EMT for 21 + years and having one motorcycle accident myself, I wanted to continue to ride as long and safe as possible. Accidents do happen in a instant, even when your doing everything correctly. You can be right and you can be dead right with todays life styles. My accident involved T- boning a car, [the car driver was at fault and sighted] physically you already know who won that contest. With my saftey gear at the time [sunglasses, yes I was cool] and a year later [skin does grow back, but ever so painful and slow] not to mention the crutches, and all of that from a 35 mph crash on a 100cc bike. For me it's ATGATT, and in mho the full face helment is most important to me, and I know this is beating a dead horse, but untill it happens to you [if you live thru it] most don't give it much consideration. terry :cool:

2017 Yamaha R -3 White
2013 Suzuki GW250 Black
FSSNOC # 4953
Old 09-22-2011, 02:12 PM   #28
Rookie Rider

Thank you Terry and everyone. Yesterday my friend and me were riding, i was in front of him and it was raining a little. I put my left blinker on came to a stop but my buddy looked away for a second and didnt se me stopped, he almost rearended me but swirved out of the way and went down. Thank god the car behind us stopped or he wouldve been crushed..he had a fullface and safety jacket on. Only a broken mirror to his bike. Very lucky..one split second and you never know. Thanx again guys.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:52 PM   #29
Water Warrior 2

Terry, many thanks from some one who could never do your job. As an EMT you must see and handle some pretty gory sights. I have no doubts that you have saved many folks from death with your expertise.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:32 PM   #30
mrlmd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Terry, many thanks from some one who could never do your job. As an EMT you must see and handle some pretty gory sights. I have no doubts that you have saved many folks from death with your expertise.

And what about me, what about me? :roll:
He picked them up, gathered up the pieces, made them initially comfortable and safe, I had to put them back together.