Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips > Lessons Well-Learned

Old 05-14-2009, 05:43 PM   #21

Re: Shoulda kept the GZ.....sigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Easy, maybe getting the drop over and done with is a good thing. Now you can concentrate on riding. :rawk:
I nominate WW as the GZ250BIKE.COM forum diplomat. Seems like you always have something positive to say, WW. Never met a Canadian I haven't liked (and living here in Michigan, I've met a lot of Canadians!)

Keith

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-14-2009, 07:02 PM   #22
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777
:poorbaby: :jo:
OK, Patrick, you're right.
I'm done whimpering.
Screw you all !! :neener: :biggrin:
Old 05-14-2009, 07:12 PM   #23
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

You know you deserve it. :redflip:

Old 05-14-2009, 09:44 PM   #24
dannylightning

you only lost a lens, be thankful cus it could have been much worse and you could have been too care free with the bike in a different situation and got hurt.

i almost got hit today. well not really i saw it coming and slowed down before the lady that was not paying any attention pulled out. this may have been stupid but i got close enough so that she knew she has almost hit me when she did start to pull out. she did see me when she was about half way into my lane and slammed on the braks, it looked like she was pissed and im pretty sure she was cussing me out from in side her car. so i gave her one of these :redflip: and one of these :pissed: drove past her and turned the corner.

:biggun: :crash:
Old 05-15-2009, 08:16 AM   #25
adrianinflorida

A guy I work with just bought a Harley Sportster 883R with stainless Supertrapps, etc. a week after he got it, some woman turned out in front of him he laid it down to avoid broadsiding her, busted his leg, wrist and did about 3,000 in damage to the bike (Mostly the cost of replacing those Supertrapps and the headers).

Old 05-15-2009, 12:25 PM   #26
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianinflorida
A guy I work with just bought a Harley Sportster 883R with stainless Supertrapps, etc. a week after he got it, some woman turned out in front of him he laid it down to avoid broadsiding her, busted his leg, wrist and did about 3,000 in damage to the bike (Mostly the cost of replacing those Supertrapps and the headers).

that really sux, i hope the lady stopped. people need to pay attention to what they are doing.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:27 PM   #27
adrianinflorida

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianinflorida

that really sux, i hope the lady stopped. people need to pay attention to what they are doing.
Yep, she stopped, & got the ticket for failure to yeild. Of cousr her first statement to him (As he was laying on the ground) was "I didn't see you, you should be more careful" :roll:
Old 05-15-2009, 02:26 PM   #28
Water Warrior 2

Sounds like the H-D rider was assumimg people can see him. Headlight on or not, people on the roads are not programed to see anyhting smaller than a car. Ride like you are invisible. Both our bikes have extra running lights, headlight modulators and we still have the odd idiot try to take us out. My new helmet is Pearl White which should also help a bit but that is no reason to be asleep behind the bars.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:51 PM   #29
dannylightning

true, i know it is hard to see bikes at times. but there is a difference between the person that just dosent see you and the person paying no mind to what the hell they are doing. like the lady that almost hit me, she was talking on her phone who never even looked in direction i was coming from until she already started to pull out...

she was looking down at her phone, put it up to her ear, looked to her left, pulled out and than looked to her right.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:04 PM   #30
Water Warrior 2

Well done. You were looking for yourself and for her because she was too busy multitasking. As many riders will say "Ride like you are invisible". If don't already do it, use your hi-beam during the day because the GZ is a pretty small visual target to home in on. A single headlight gives other drivers a poor depth perception but at least they might notice you.