Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 04-07-2010, 12:56 AM   #191
burkbuilds

Re: Tag-o-rama Gone Global

The "Cannonball" roller coaster is almost in my back yard, back home, unfortunately I won't be back there until late Friday night and surely this tag will be gone by then! It's close enough that I can just barely hear the kids scream when they go down the main drop if I'm out in my back yard.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-08-2010, 10:49 PM   #192
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

This tag is open for music man to retag now.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:01 AM   #193
burkbuilds

Here is the roller coaster at Lake "Winnie" in Rossville, Georgia. The Cannonball is an old wooden coaster that's still very popular with the kids.

Let's make the next tag a little easier, how about a fruit and vegetable stand, I'll even take someone selling veggies out of a truck or van along the road somewhere.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:08 AM   #194
music man

Nice one, but I didn't think that one would be as hard as a lot of you guys made it seem to be, of course some people on here made it sound like the helipad would be hard to get too.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:31 AM   #195
dhgeyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
Nice one, but I didn't think that one would be as hard as a lot of you guys made it seem to be, of course some people on here made it sound like the helipad would be hard to get too.
All depends on where you live and what's around. What's easy for one can be quite unrealistic for another. More players would help. There are two sites with roller coasters around here. One is in an area not all that far away, but it's a horrible place to ride due to almost constant traffic gridlock. I have vowed to avoid the area forever. Sorry, but I don't want it that bad, especially this week. The other is down in Mass somewhere, and would have taken a little digging. And the one time I was there I kind of remember that the roller coaster wasn't anywhere near the parking lot and the area is heavily wooded, so the trip might have been for nothing. Again, different week I might have tried it.

I don't think any tag is inherently too difficult if we work as a team. But I also think we shouldn't hold it against particular members who opt out of a particular tag as unrealistic for them.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:38 AM   #196
music man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhgeyer
I don't think any tag is inherently too difficult if we work as a team. But I also think we shouldn't hold it against particular members who opt out of a particular tag as unrealistic for them.

Very true, but I don't think anyone has held it against any members for opting out of particular tags, I was just saying that my "guess" was that there would be more people with access to a picture of a roller coaster/helipad. But I am just guessing, because most of the places our members live I have never been to.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:41 AM   #197
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhgeyer
All depends on where you live and what's around.
If you live in Alaska, a moose would be pretty much normal. For me, the nearest one is probably 500 miles away !!

My comments about the "difficulty" aren't really complaints; just comments about the situation in general. Gotta have something to do while others are out looking for that "moose". :biggrin:
Old 04-09-2010, 09:45 AM   #198
music man

But a Moose or the Pacific ocean, and/or a helipad/roller coaster aren't really the same, because they have roller coasters and helipads all over the world, Moose and a particular ocean, not so much.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:59 AM   #199
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
But a Moose or the Pacific ocean, and/or a helipad/roller coaster aren't really the same,
It was just an EXAMPLE..........let it GO......please !!?!?! :poke2:

Let's not kill the "goose"........ :roll:

Nobody is posting these tags with bad intentions. Part of the interest here is (or should be) learning little tidbits about where others live and ride.

My part of the country, for instance, is virtually devoid of seasonal fruit and vegetable stands.....and it is WAY too early for roadside trucks.......in stark contrast to the part of the country where the tag came from........ but I am NOT complaining.

In the future, I will refrain from making comments about the tags......if others can't resist the "invitation" to make a big deal out of it.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:38 AM   #200
dhgeyer

Well, we're all learning here. I'll go for the fruit/veggie stand when it stops raining, if someone else hasn't already. Of course, it'll be closed this time of year, and may not even be recognizable for what it is. One of my projects this week is to rototill Sue's garden so she can start planting in a week or so!