Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 03-03-2008, 02:52 PM   #11
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

wow.

It seems like all of the accessories for this bike are "mini"

There's a European guard that I've seen that is significantly wider than what you are describing. I don't have any personal experience though.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-03-2008, 06:59 PM   #12
mcintyre_aerospace

Ive seen some pictures of some case guards that look like they stick out quite a ways, i think there may be some pics on this site, I don't know though. I cant really ride for too long because my butt starts to go numb with the little vibration this bike puts out, i cant imagine what a harley would feel like after a while. Parts do seem to be really pricey for this bike, or all bikes for that matter. Id like a sissy bar but cant see spending hundreds of dollars for some bent metal I cant put much of anything on, plus this bike is a little small to haul people, so theres no real need for a rear backrest.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:08 AM   #13
Orpheus

I've got one of the sissy bars and my girlfriend really likes it. I haven't had any problems riding 2-up at speeds under 75mph on flat ground, but hills really work the little engine. I'm still looking for an engine guard other than the Suzuki one, for the same reasons stated above.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:52 AM   #14
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

When I bought my bike, the lady behind the counter asked me if I would like any accessories. I mentioned that I would like to have a backrest with the little rack on it but that it didn't really matter to me. Well, when I picked my bike up, it came with a backrest. I didn't officially ask for it. But hey, you can't beat free.

I've taken my wife for one ride on this bike and she appreciated the sissy-bar. (She would have ridden with me more often but we had just found out that we were pregnant.)

When I purchased my rear trunk, I needed a place to put it and that tiny excuse for a rear rack on the sissy bar wasn't enough space to mount the base due it's close proximity and the angle of the backrest. So, I just sawed the backrest flush with the rack and used the hinge area of the luggage box as a backrest. It works out quite well.

It's hard to see in this photo but you can get an idea of what I'm talking about.

In this photo, you can see the pad on the hinged area of the luggage box that serves as a new backrest.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:05 AM   #15
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
I'm still looking for an engine guard other than the Suzuki one, for the same reasons stated above.
There are some members here from western Europe.

Hey, Amigos, what about that rumor that there is a different engine guard avaliable in your area ???

Old 03-04-2008, 10:47 AM   #16
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Is this different from the factory? It's one that I found on the Marauderos website a long time ago.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:59 PM   #17
Jaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan180iq

Is this different from the factory? It's one that I found on the Marauderos website a long time ago.
Hey, that's my bike!

Those engine guards are made in Spain. There are some others for the GZ made in Germany, aswell.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:08 PM   #18
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Once I saw some other photos of your bike I thought that this might be yours.

Good to know. I'll give you credit in the future. I have several others from when you were trying out different handlebars.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:23 PM   #19
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan180iq
Is this different from the factory?
Just a bit!

Imagine eliminating the loop of pipe that sticks out to the side........and you would pretty much have the useless, WAY overpriced factory "thing".

Jaime: Since most of us don't speak Spanish.........are those still available somewhere ??
Old 03-04-2008, 09:32 PM   #20
Orpheus

Okay, here's one from MC Enterprises (not a very good picture, so you can't really see how it looks): http://www.mcenterprisesusa.com/product ... chForm.cfm
(okay, my bad... that link only takes you to their search page, but you can find it from there)

here's one from Cobra (in the JC Whitney catalog); it's listed as a 2007 Marauder, but I was told by their customer service that that's what I should look under for GZ accessories: http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Vehi ... 56/c-10111

That's all I can find after a quick search, but I don't know how reliable either one would be, since you can't really see how it looks @ MC Enterprises and the one from Cobra isn't specifically described as being for a GZ.