Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 11-28-2011, 02:28 AM   #11
lenkf

Re: Hello from Toronto Canada!!!

For winter riding you could convert to 3 wheels with studded tires

http://www.casscountytrikes.com/gpage10.html

First thing I did was add saddlebags so I didn't have to wear a backpack. I just ordered the OEM mounts from the Suzuki store and they were perfect size for the bags I found at a local bike shop. Next will add a fairing so I don't have to lean into the wind at speed.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-28-2011, 05:09 AM   #12
greatmaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarbs
... the only things at this time would be engine guards and some luggages for storage

Hi, I got a cheap (Givi clone) trunk on ebay (one that would supposedly fit 2 helmets) then found the cheapest, most ripped up rear seat also on ebay. I ripped off the covering from the rear seat pan and use it to mount the trunk securely on the back. Also, I used the padding and vinyl from the seat that I ripped off to make a back rest that I mounted on the trunk also. It's kind of like using every part of the buffalo.

but... thats just me. I tend to do things on the cheap.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:38 PM   #13
abarbs

Send a message via ICQ to abarbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaine
Welcome to the forum from another Canadian.Your G.Z will serve you well. :cool:
Thanks Blaine

Old 11-28-2011, 09:43 PM   #14
abarbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenkf
For winter riding you could convert to 3 wheels with studded tires

http://www.casscountytrikes.com/gpage10.html

First thing I did was add saddlebags so I didn't have to wear a backpack. I just ordered the OEM mounts from the Suzuki store and they were perfect size for the bags I found at a local bike shop. Next will add a fairing so I don't have to lean into the wind at speed.
The 3 weeler looks sharp. Don't know how it would support the additional weight being a 250cc if hats what we are talking about. How much did you purchase the luggage racks for and they come with the brackets. Was this on the canadain side or US. Was thinking I could ride over in the summer months and pick them up across the boarder. What are your thoughts. Worth my while?

Thanks
Old 11-28-2011, 09:48 PM   #15
abarbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Abarbs, was just wondering about the E-test you mentioned. First time I've heard of it. Is it a Fed or Provincial thing ?
Hello buddy, he's right. We do have some really great introductory courses for motorcycles. Just for your information in Ontario, Toronto area Seneca College and Humber College are the biggest I've seen. I took the seneca course aprox $500 tax in. Great instructors I may add. With this course you reduce your wait time from 24months to 18mths, plus our insurance provides us a discount as well. Not much but something. Check out the sites

Old 11-28-2011, 09:50 PM   #16
abarbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmaul
Do they have motorcycle safety classes up there? Just curious.
You betcha we do. Some darn good ones too. Experienced riders course and track days also.
Riding courses have been around for at least 3 decades to the best of my knowledge. My 2nd wife took a riding course in the early 80's. The course was slightly flawed with a safety issue and she was flunked because of it. At the time the Alberta Safety Council decided that it was best to have the tranny in neutral at a stop which has proven to be the wrong way to stay alive. Must have been a government official with no riding experience who dreamt that up. Undoubtedly that was eventually changed for the proper way to be stopped with the tranny in gear at a stop.
Most training courses now are based on the experience and writings of David Hough, the author of Proficient Motorcycling. Every rider should have a copy.
Forgot to ask, I was looking at that book from David hough however it's not on iTunes anymore. Was wondering if you new where a could get a digital copy. You struck my curiosity now. Thanks for the suggestion
Old 11-28-2011, 09:53 PM   #17
abarbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
I've mentioned it before, & I'll mention it again - If you've got the Canadian/European version of the GZ (with the big, 3D, plastic, Marauder logo on the tank, as opposed to the American flat "S" sticker) then the carb is set up differently to the American bikes (this is to accomodate their nanny emmission laws). Ignore anything about carb mods on this site. :2tup:
Thanks for the info As I don't have the physical bike at home as it's in storage (sucks by the way) it does only say S on the tank. I don't think I'll be modifying mug to the bike at this time. One more thing I like about this website. Attenion to detail.

Cheers!!!
Old 11-28-2011, 10:09 PM   #18
NonallaNostrum

i located a black and white, somewhat grainy copy of the book in pdf format online somewhere.. then found a friend who had a pristine copy, 2nd edition, with included cd or dvd
(cant remember which). I believe the book was available on amazon also, 20ish usd.

oh, and welcome from one newbie to the next
Old 11-28-2011, 10:38 PM   #19
ecr959

Hello abarbs,

I bought that book at Amazon.com, just a few months ago. I think the price was $9.95 + shipping. Goto Amazon.com and browse / type the name of the book, you'll find it. They are so convenient, ship it to you really fast. Thats a sweet price.

Welcome to the forum. We all have the same bike, so we all can help each other.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:23 AM   #20
Water Warrior 2

I found it easiest to just ride to Chapters book store and order a copy. Had to suffer through another ride to pick it up. :lol: :lol: