Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 07-16-2011, 05:48 AM   #11
GZBrian

Re: Hi Newbie from Michgan

Hello and welcome from Indiana. We rode in Michigan twice and you have some nice roads up there. You will enjoy your GZ very much. Nice cheap way of entertainment that we have found, and you will too. Ride safe. GZBrian

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-16-2011, 10:09 AM   #12
Shiverbird

Glad I am not the only one with a crappy seat. On Thursday I had to take the Bike for the Very important first oil change. Since I do not have my license yet I had hubby drive the bike and I rode the car. We were going to ride both bikes and I would ride back with him but we had some other business in the same area with many supplies to be dropped off. So when we got to the dealer he gets off the bike and says what are you complaining about after 20 miles I felt nothing and he agreed it is not a great seat.

So Jonathan Thank you for all the info you gave me I have been looking at the gel seats and I will look into the Sargent seats also

Brian yes it is cheap entertainment Hubby has a 950 Yamaha and he wants to go like the wind and I want to enjoy the ride and go about 50 he wants me to go faster and I said that is why I have my bike to enjoy the ride at my speed so needless to say he goes slower with me

Thank you again for all the info This site is wonderful
Old 07-16-2011, 01:07 PM   #13
Water Warrior 2

Shelly, ride your own ride. Of course hubby wants to go faster as his bike isn't even breathing hard at 50. Ride in your comfort zone and enjoy the bike. When my SO had her GZ I had to ride a bit slower than my normal speed but it was a nice way to relax and smell the flowers. Lynda traded up after 3 full seasons of riding and gaining skills and confidence on 2 wheels.

Old 07-17-2011, 05:26 PM   #14
Shiverbird

Water Warrior

I do go at my speed and I I do smell the roses, He will say when we stop what happened and I have to remind him that my bike is not as big and he shakes his head. Well we took the bike for a oil change and he road my bike because I do not have a reg license let. Know he understands what I have been telling that the bike goings to 55 and that is about it. So now he is listening Things are great
Old 07-17-2011, 05:59 PM   #15
geezer

that reminds me of a ride i went on with a few chicks. a harley big twin and a suzuki 800, i told her no more than 75 mph so she did 75 the whole time. once we finally stopped i asked her why she was going so fast. she had no idea till i made her trade bikes :biggrin: