Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 08-08-2010, 09:43 AM   #11
Sarris

Re: FNG

The tank chap and fender bibb are from Chilhowee. They were a custom order and are probably still so. You'll have to call them to check.

The bags are stock Suzuki (small and shitty), but look OK. Do a search and you'll find my installation instuctions in a much earlier post.

PM me if you need more info.

Also, Emory, go for a 1200cc Sportster if you buy one. It's cheaper in the long run and a way better ride. Mine started life as an 883 and I converted it after only about a month. I'm not much of a Victory guy either. Looks too much like a space ship like for my taste.

:2tup:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-08-2010, 07:54 PM   #12
emory70

the victory was nice, but not something i look at and go WOW over.

i'm undecided over an 883 or 1200. i know the peanut tank significantly reduces range, but to me a sporty HAS to have that tank.

dad used to be a big sporty fan, but has recently changed his attitude. he tells me to go straight for a dyna or softail. if i went that way, it'd be a street bob, softail deluxe, or fat boy. we differ in our style, but he is where i go for my hd info. he's been on everything but crotch rockets, and has ridden harleys off and on since i was a baby. he's now on his third heritage.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:57 PM   #13
alanmcorcoran

There's a new super Strat for 2010 (or maybe it was a 2011?) Bigger bags, smaller windshield, but has a fairing now. Seems to have the same guts as my '07. Looks less like a cruiser and more like an I'm-not-sure-what. Saw one in V-Twin magazine with a weird 70's copper color. I like the idea of the bigger bags - and there are supposedly bagliners available as well. Can't really recommend one as their market is tiny compared to HD's but I can say you get a nice big air-cooled V-Twin bike with everything mechanical-wise included (no need for after market effing around) that lists for 17K (and probably sells for 2K less.) Negatives are bad gas mileage (you can get about 48 highway) and a smallish gas tank. Rides like a dream, accelerates like a rocket and has plenty of two up power. Fule injection, awesome brakes, belt drive, low profile tire/wheels, quick release sissy, etc. I think my version looks pretty cool too, but that's just me.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:46 PM   #14
Sarris

Yeah Alan, it's called the Stratoliner Deluxe. You can see the writeup here: Stratoliner Deluxe

Looks like a real nice bike. No radio tuner , CD player, or cruise control. Does have an Ipod music system.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:41 PM   #15
emory70

starting to contemplate the 16 tooth mod. must read more.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:42 PM   #16
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Quote:
Originally Posted by emory70
It's cheap and if you don't like it, easily reversed.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:15 PM   #17
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777
Quote:
IIRC, we've had about 2 riders here that didn't like it and went back.
I think one even planned to change back and forth depending on his upcoming ride.
That would make the "vote" something like 40 to 2 in favor......just guessing......among those who have tried it.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:15 PM   #18
Palaka

Send a message via MSN to Palaka

welcome I myself am new to the forum but there is a lot of good info on here. I am another one that has done the 16t mod carb shim and muffler. And I like all of them. good luck and happy riding.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:27 PM   #19
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

[quote=Easy Rider]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "patrick_777":22zbbf2j
Quote:
IIRC, we've had about 2 riders here that didn't like it and went back.
I think one even planned to change back and forth depending on his upcoming ride.
That would make the "vote" something like 40 to 2 in favor......just guessing......among those who have tried it.[/quote:22zbbf2j]

That was me. I'm still on the fence about the 16t, personally...at least the option is there to go back if you want.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:20 PM   #20
emory70

yeah, i like reversible mods. if it was one of my rc monster trucks i'd dive in, but with this being my primary work transportation... using first through fourth as actual gears would be nice, but i like the acceleration too. i like the sound the bike makes, even with the six shooter mod the p.o. did to the muffler. but i hate all stock mufflers. on everything. guess i'll keep reading, it don't cost nothing...