Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 07-27-2010, 02:28 PM   #11
Sarris

Re: Another Can't find tires for my bike thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarris
Post Re: Matched tires

Same here. I'm running a Pirelli Sport Demon in the front and a Pirelli Route in the rear.

Both are the manufacturers (edit: Suzuki) specified size.
From my previous post.

Good Luck, the correct sizes (all manufacturers) are getting tough to find.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-31-2010, 11:28 PM   #12
GTGZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautec
JCWhitney refuses to help me look for a tube because they claim that the tire is tubeless and a tube will not work.
A "tubeless" tire is made for a wheel that has no spokes so no tube is needed. You can use a "tubeless" tire on a spoked wheel, you just need a rim strip and a tube
Old 07-31-2010, 11:59 PM   #13
dentheman

JC Whitney has such high cred and has been around long enough to know that tubes (and tube rims) will work just fine with tubeless tires. Maybe you just got ahold of some newbie employee. Even on my mountain bike (bicycle) I have tubeless tires with tubes on tube rims because I could not find the tires I wanted in tube style. I put them on over 5 years ago and never had a problem.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:11 AM   #14
mrlmd1

Tube sizes have to match the inner profile of the tire, the diameter of the round part of the tire itself, not the diameter or circumference of the tire on the wheel. I don't know if I am making myself clear, but there are two different diameters to consider in fitting a tube to a tire. If the tube's round diameter is too small for the tire it will be overinflated or overstretched to match up to the inner surface of the tire and may blow or leak, especially if you go over a big bump in the road - then you get a flat.
I went through this replacing inner tubes on a bike 3 times until I finally was able to find the correct size tube for the bike's tire. The inner tubes I originally bought were only 1/2" smaller in diameter than the proper size ones and they kept blowing for no apparent reason. So make sure the tube is the proper size, for example not all 26" diameter inner tubes will correctly fit a 26" bicycle tire, it depends on the inner diameter of the tire. Racing style tires are a smaller diameter than off road dirt-bike style tires and the tubes for the former will not work well in the latter. You probably could go with a tube slightly larger if it's not pinched inside the tire, but not a tube that's too small.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:20 PM   #15
emory70

my 06 came with a dunlop d404 on the rear and a bridgestone battleax on the front. i would prefer to have the same on both ends, but when i looked around (i believe it was on j&p cycles site) the two brands didn't have comparable sizes front and rear. i guess more research is in order. but other than a funny looking mismatch, they work quite well, and i have been in some pretty nasty rain in the past week.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:22 PM   #16
bonehead

Finally got mine on-dunlop 501 frt, 404 rear. rides great.