Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 04-17-2010, 09:34 AM   #11
dannylightning

Re: Hello...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
Quote:
Originally Posted by GZBrian
the GZ should keep us in the 70 mpg we think.
More like 64 mpg, I reckon. Especially 2 up. Still, that's double what I get with the car (1400 cc) :2tup:
different people get different results out of their bikes mpg, the way you drive will also have a effect on that. i remember getting numbers in the high 60's and low 70's. my new bike gets between 30mpg and 40mpg usually around 30. and it is a a 800cc

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-17-2010, 11:15 AM   #12
music man

damn danny, your only gettin 30mpg outta that thing, i am getting around 40-45 depending on how hard I ride it, i averaged around 46 on a little trip out of town I made last weekend, and I was not riding slow, I went between 70-80 most of the trip.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:52 AM   #13
mrlmd1

I got 52 and 50mpg on my first 2 tankfulls on the S50 - also 805cc, and a little less now 48-50 riding a little more aggressively I guess after getting use to it. :2tup:

Old 04-17-2010, 03:40 PM   #14
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
damn danny, your only gettin 30mpg outta that thing, i am getting around 40-45 depending on how hard I ride it, i averaged around 46 on a little trip out of town I made last weekend, and I was not riding slow, I went between 70-80 most of the trip.
I do believe you have fuel injection, the c50is rated to get around 50mpg same bike just fuel injection, funny how that works. i often get the rpm up pretty high before i shift, i don't really haul ass around all day but i dont exactly putt around on it either.

i was expecting better gas mileage and thought something might be wrong but i looked up some reviews and it said to expect between 30mgp and 40mph. there was one tank of gas that only had highway driving on it and i got a little over 40mpg but i get bored on the highway quick so i stick to back roads as much as possible.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:10 PM   #15
music man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning

I do believe you have fuel injection, the c50is rated to get around 50mpg same bike just fuel injection, funny how that works. i often get the rpm up pretty high before i shift, i don't really haul ass around all day but i dont exactly putt around on it either.

I don't have fuel injection, I have two carbs, I have a 1999 vs800 intruder (hint, look under my avatar :2tup: ) and I don't putt putt around either, I just told you I went to a friends house that is almost 100 miles away one way and I kept it between 70-80 pretty much the whole way, on 55mph highways the whole way. Now when I first got my bike, I was getting pretty bad gas mileage but it was mostly because I was getting used to (and enjoying the power) of my new ride, and was doggin' the crap out of it every five minutes seeing what it had "under the hood" :twisted:

I have a sister that has a Kawasaki vulcan 1500 and she was only getting around 28-30 when she got her bike, it had loud pipes on it, she found that the jets in the carbs were a lot different than the stock ones, she put the pipes and the jets back stock, and I don't know how much better it gets now, but enough that she doesn't complain about it every five minutes anymore. And it still has plenty of power to snatch your head back, and enough rumble to wake the neighbors if you get on it.

[EDIT], Holy crap, I found out where all your gas mileage went, you bike weighs almost 100 pounds more than my bike, with about the same power specs.

Sorry for the Thread Hijack

Old 04-18-2010, 09:59 PM   #16
mole2

Welcome aboard! You ddin't say if you took the MSF BRC but it's higly recommened here - even for experienced riders. Ride safe.