Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 10-17-2009, 11:30 AM   #11
burkbuilds

Re: North Carolina representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehead
Quote:
Originally Posted by burkbuilds
Bonehead, one word "raingear". Okay that might actually be two words.
BB- I needed mud tires to get to the blacktop off of my dirt road. We live .7 mi back in on our property. Finally dried up enough yesterday to get the bike out. :2tup:
Wow, bummer, glad you were finally able to get out for a ride :2tup:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-17-2009, 01:44 PM   #12
wday12264

I'm down in Wilmington just over the bridge in Leland. We bought our bike over 5 years ago for my wife. She became scared of it so now I ride it. Have some mechanical issue with it which I have posted for help. Thisa weather is great and I want to use it to commute to work. Nice to hear others are out there because I have not seen any others on the road. I guess people want these huge monsters weighing 700lbs.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:30 AM   #13
burkbuilds

I sometimes wonder if you don't "see" the GZ250 much when you ride simply because it doesn't actually give the impression that it is a small bike when you see it on the road and we just assume we are seeing a bigger bike. When I was in the Suzuki dealer's showroom yesterday I saw the GZ sitting next to the Yamaha 250 cruiser and the skinny front tire on the Yamaha really looked tiny next to the GZ that was sitting right next to it. I think if I saw those two bikes going down the road from a distance I'd probably assume the Yamaha was a much "smaller" bike than the GZ. The GZ looks at home sitting next to slightly larger bikes in the 750 cc and under range to me, maybe that's why we don't see as many, we might actually be seeing them and just mentally thinking that it is a larger bike we are actually seeing as it goes by. Just a thought because I don't think I've ever seen another GZ out on the road that I identified as a GZ and yet they obviously sell a lot of them so they must be out there somewhere! My daughter has a Rebel 250 and it looks tiny compared to the GZ as well to me.

Login or Register to Remove Ads