Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 04-03-2009, 06:58 PM   #11
music man

Re: Howdy from Central Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
I'm not familiar with the freeways out in Arkansas, but... ours are also a bit hair raising with the GZ. At first, I was scared to death of riding on them, but about three months in, a 75 mile, three hours plus slog, from traffic light to traffic light, cured me of my fear and ever since I've been on them when I gotta go more than 5 or ten miles. I see lots of reports of bikes down on them, right along where I ride, but, supposedly, it is safer bombing along the four-lane at 65 than it is in city traffic. I have a bigger bike I use now for most of my freeway riding, but the GZ is the only one I will split lanes with.

I am sure that the freeways in your neck of the woods are WAY WORSE, (I have already told you my thoughts on you and the GZ on those Cali freeways, ) the problem with the freeways in Little Rock is, that for the most part that is the only place in Arkansas where there are real freeways, as far as in town commuting anyways, so no one seems to know how to drive on them, if it was just the going 70 on the GZ on them, I wouldn't have much of a problem with it.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-15-2009, 11:40 AM   #12
cfsmith

I have to admit that it's not *too* bad on AR freeways in Little Rock, BUT... all the cars seem to whiz by when I'm right at the speed limit. I don't think that's different from anywhere else, and we've got the big lanes here so people can weave without ever leaving their own lane. Thankfully for me we've also got some patient drivers XD

Ultimately I prefer to drive on our country roads that have been long forgotten. 'Specially during April and May, the explosion of color going on right now is absolutely incredible.

-c
Old 04-15-2009, 02:34 PM   #13
dannylightning

if you are talking about I-40, it is scary enough to drive a car on there, never seen so many semi's and damn there aggressive and pissed off. they act like its some kind of race and they will do any thing just to get in front of the next semi if they can.. and im talking packed bumper to bumper with nothing but semi trucks driving crazy.

i don't know if its always like that but i did not like it one bit the few times i drove on it.. i remember it was bad around the little rock area and kept getting worse and worse until you crossed over the bridge into memphis tennessee.

Login or Register to Remove Ads