Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 03-19-2009, 07:01 PM   #11
Easy Rider

Re: Yes, alantf, the air really is bad in Los Angeles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedad
Yeah. You're not THAT old.
:redflip: :crackup

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-19-2009, 07:15 PM   #12
alantf

[quote="Easy Rider"]

Just because you can't take honest criticism gracefully doesn't mean I will stop offering it.
[/quote

PLEASE offer "honest criticism" and "gracefully". I would LOVE it! (so would everyone else) that's what we're all here for. You've finally got the message. That's the spirit of this forum! "welcome to the fold brother"
Old 03-19-2009, 07:16 PM   #13
music man

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
I quite assure you that not EVERYBODY here agrees with you.
And not really all THAT grumpy :whistle: .

Old 03-19-2009, 07:18 PM   #14
alanmcorcoran

Quote:
Okay, I wasn't LOL'ing exactly, but I was SWR (smiling while reading.) Good one Moe!
Old 03-19-2009, 07:23 PM   #15
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

To alantf: Why are you lumping EVERYBODY in with your opinions? You obviously haven't polled EVERYBODY here, so you're making broad generalizations and speaking for EVERYBODY without the slightest evidence to support your conclusions. If you want to speak for yourself, do it...it's even encouraged. If you are seriously trying to speak for EVERYBODY - you really aren't qualified or elected for that and should very seriously consider it first - then shut the fuck up.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:38 PM   #16
alantf

o.k. patrick, I apologise if I've upset anyone, but I sure have read newbies saying that they won't come back because of him. Does anyone know him personally, & can think of any reason for him being so abrasive. It's not just joshing - his attitude is spoiling it for me, & I'm not so arrogant as to think that I'm the only one. If the guy's got a problem, I'd like to be the first to try & help him. I dunno, it just seems as though something bad has happened, & turned him this way. I love this site, but if he keeps going on the way he's doing now, I'm afraid that I'll be going the same way - out of here- o.k. I can see that your next comment might be "o.k. so go" but surely that's not what you/we want on this site. Like I said before, "he's my brother" YES I do care what's happened to him!
Old 03-19-2009, 07:58 PM   #17
alanmcorcoran

Hey alan, At the risk of drawing MORE flak, I shall foolishly wade in here:

1) Easy is going to be Easy, because that suits him. He's by far the most prolific poster, most of what he has to say (re the GZ anyway) is factually accurate, and I, for one am willing to let the curmudgeonry slide.
2) You can basically ignore him and anyone else on here that rubs you the wrong way.
3) It's just text on a web page, any hurt feelings are likely to be self-induced.

I kind of like the "big tent", and I hope I haven't driven off anyone because of my own moronic drivel (which can also be freely ignored!) I think it's best to keep in mind that semi-anonymous postings can quickly escalate into full on flame wars just because of the nature of the media and the type of people that feel compelled to post. One of the reasons I use my full real name rather than a handle is to try to remind myself to be honest and somewhat civil (even if it doesn't always work out that way.) I agree with you that we should not be driving people away, but I think one's skin has to be a little thicker than normal to enjoy Internet forums. Just the nature of the beast.

Post on, I enjoy your perspective from the island, even if I don't always agree with it.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:03 PM   #18
music man

I think one big problem is, that even though people find it easier to throw out hurtful and derogatory comments at anonymous people on the other end of their computers, when someone says something hurtful back, they realize that it hurts their feelings and/or pisses them off just like it does in real life, they just don't slow down to realize thats how the person on the other end feels too, in their eyes the only one that did anything wrong is the other person because of that fact.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:06 PM   #19
music man

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran

1) Easy is going to be Easy, because that suits him. He's by far the most prolific poster, most of what he has to say (re the GZ anyway) is factually accurate, and I, for one am willing to let the curmudgeonry slide.
2) You can basically ignore him and anyone else on here that rubs you the wrong way.
Ditto....
Old 03-19-2009, 09:24 PM   #20
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
Like I said before, "he's my brother" YES I do care what's happened to him!
What has happened is: "I don't suffer fools lightly".

HOWEVER........an apology of sorts IS in order.

I never intended to participate in the "Hot Topics....." forum at all......because I know where it will end up.
In the future I will try to pay a little closer attention and not do that again.

As for newbies, the first blatantly stupid post is a feebie. If they continue and/or try to defend their stupidity, then they get what they deserve.

We've had a lot of new riders on here lately. None have stormed in like a drunken sailor so I have been nice. Guess some folks hold a grudge and only remember what they want to.
Bye.