Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 02-02-2009, 04:08 PM   #11
music man

Re: Fooseball

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_
Quote:
Ha what, I thought you couldn't care less.
Don't be a sore loser! You guys were up for a bit. And It was a pretty close game.

First of all I am not being a sore loser, I really did not expect the Cardinals to put up much of a fight, I just like rooting for the underdog, you are the one who said you couldn't care less about the game not me. I am actually a steelers fan, I would have just liked to see a team that had never been there win it, so I was torn between two teams.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-02-2009, 05:15 PM   #12
dan_

Send a message via AIM to dan_

I meant that as in i'm not a terrible towel carrying, jersey wearing, freeze my but off in the cold kind of fan. But my favorite team is the steelers. Why does everybody on this board take the general poking of fun so seriously? Its the internet. :-D
Old 02-02-2009, 05:36 PM   #13
alanmcorcoran

Dan,

Best to not take any of it to heart. Part of the problem is that the Internet combines the worst of anonymity and publicity. People feel emboldened to take swipes they might not take, in say, a bar, but they feel compelled to defend themselves because everyone is watching. Add in that it's just text - no facial expressions or intonations to help determine if someone is angry or joking or maybe not all that quick, and you have a recipe for misunderstanding.

I find it's best to make your comment, tell your story or state your opinion and let it go. It generally doesn't accomplish much to fight for the last word or steadfastly argue one's point.

FWIW, I'm a casual, but not clueless, fan and, I will sheepishly admit I was rooting for the Steelers mostly because I did not want Kurt Warner to have yet another opportunity to credit prayer or Jesus for the win. I don't really have anything against the guy, and I kind of like his style of play, but the use of professional sports as a platform to prosyletize just bugs me. If one of these guys was handed the Lombardi trophy and said, "First off, I'd like to thank Allah for giving me the strength to prevail over the infidels..." well, all holy hell would break loose. As it was, I thought he and Larry Fitzgerald played a hell of a game and I felt a bit sorry for the Cardinals that they came so close to defying the conventional wisdom.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:45 PM   #14
music man

Quote:
I meant that as in i'm not a terrible towel carrying, jersey wearing, freeze my but off in the cold kind of fan. But my favorite team is the steelers. Why does everybody on this board take the general poking of fun so seriously? Its the internet. :-D

I didn't realize I was being serious, I was just thought that I was more clearly explaining myself, I guess the 100 :poke2: smileys i have used on this subject just were not enough.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:33 PM   #15
dan_

Send a message via AIM to dan_

Well the response I had responded to had no smileys. :-D Thought you were pissed.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:08 PM   #16
music man

Quote:
Well the response I had responded to had no smileys. :-D Thought you were pissed.

Right you are, sorry bout that, and now that I read it it did kinda have a pissy tone to it. :oops: