Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 04-26-2010, 07:07 PM   #11
blaine

Re: Other riders not waving back

Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
I'll bite, how did you guys wave at said rider in the first place, it must be at night, for him to see all your reflectors, so if he doesn't have any, how exactly did you see him to wave at him in the first place, since he is invisible. :poke2: :lol: :neener:

Now that was a good one. :crackup

It was. :2tup: :2tup: :2tup:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-26-2010, 09:55 PM   #12
dhgeyer

Top 10 reasons I don't always wave back (sometimes I do).

10. I'm too busy concentrating on what I'm supposed to be concentrating on (depends on situation).

9. I'm in the middle of a shift and can't let go of the clutch (hate that one).

8. There are so friggin' many bikes in NH in the Summer, after waving 70,487 times in ten miles it gets too damn tiresome.

7. Other rider is in poor lane position, and suddenly appears from behind oncoming car/truck/bus, and I don't have time to react.

6. They're wearing all black, bike is black with a dim headlight, and I'm lucky I saw them at all.

5. I would have preferred that they waved with their whole hand.

4. They're obviously only tenuously in control of their bike, and I'm busy swerving to the far right of my lane just in case.

3. They're riding a chopped hog, no helmet or safety gear of any kind, do-rag, a gazillion tattoos, granny shades for (ha ha) eye protection,
and, frankly, I really don't feel that I have anything in common with them to make me want to wave. They don't wave at me anyway.

2. I'm on the freeway and they're Waaaaayyyy over there on the other side, and I don't really feel like we're passing each other.

1. They're running very loud pipes, which totally pisses me off. If I did wave, it wouldn't be with my whole hand.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:35 AM   #13
bonehead

What reflectors?

Old 04-27-2010, 10:33 AM   #14
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhgeyer
Top 10 reasons I don't always wave back (sometimes I do).

10. I'm too busy concentrating on what I'm supposed to be concentrating on (depends on situation).

9. I'm in the middle of a shift and can't let go of the clutch (hate that one).
yep there are times i do not wave back, like when i am pulling in the clutch to shift or down shift,

i had a guy on a harley pull up next to me the other day, and he said he loved my bike, he also knew it was a intruder model, lots of people think it is a harley or a indian, i was kind of impressed the guy knew what it was. we talked for a min and the light turned green so we had to go lol..

not all harley riders think they are too good to wave at you, one even said he liked a suzuki haha
Old 04-27-2010, 09:52 PM   #15
burkbuilds

I get more waves from the biker gang guys that ride Harley's than I do from the average middle age "executive" looking guys that ride. About the only time the Outlaws don't wave is when they are riding in a "pack", then they just ignore me, but if they are riding solo they almost always wave. Pretty sad that a bunch of drug running organized criminals are more friendly than the average Harley rider.

Old 04-30-2010, 03:39 PM   #16
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkbuilds
I get more waves from the biker gang guys that ride Harley's than I do from the average middle age "executive" looking guys that ride. About the only time the Outlaws don't wave is when they are riding in a "pack", then they just ignore me, but if they are riding solo they almost always wave. Pretty sad that a bunch of drug running organized criminals are more friendly than the average Harley rider.

lol, that's funny, most people seem to wave unless they think they are too cool or something like this guy i saw today he looked like trouble haha
Old 05-01-2010, 12:24 AM   #17
diffluere

I love waving at people. However, when I went to Leesburg there were 40865732047 bikes there, so we quit waving about 20 miles out of Gainesville. I just can't hold my left arm out the entire trip!

The only time I don't wave back is if I didn't see them in time or I'm shifting. I'll do a head bob or a little finger wave instead.

One day a bike cop waved at me, I thought that was pretty cool.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:14 AM   #18
Water Warrior 2

I sometimes find it easier to look directly at them and do the head bob thing too.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:41 AM   #19
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffluere
One day a bike cop waved at me, I thought that was pretty cool.
Motocops seldom wave back here. I've only had one or two wave back, ever. I'm sure it has something to do with not taking your hands off the bars or something like that, but there's no telling.

I usually "peace sign" and "head-bob" all cops, though, and most all of the drivers wave back, which surprises me every time it happens.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:59 AM   #20
BillInGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777
I usually "peace sign" and "head-bob" all cops, though, and most all of the drivers wave back, which surprises me every time it happens.
I do them same. So far no waves back. Maybe someday...

With groups I'll wave at the lead rider. Around town I give and receive a lot of helmet nods. Even if I don't have the clutch in at the time, it's a high workload environment and I don't want to divert my hands from their primary task.