Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 08-12-2011, 04:25 PM   #11
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Re: Installed 130 main jet/ cone filter. Gas leaks out of in

If you slide them together in a way that caused the holes to overlap just slighty, thus reducing the diameter of each hole, and bolted them together, it would serve as an adjustable baffle. It would also allow you to adjust your backpressue without having to rejet.

Hey! It's a poor man's Supertrapp

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-13-2011, 01:52 AM   #12
Kcarvajal

IT WORKS!!!

I did as you guys suggested. I double checked my work. Not sure if the float was stuck but I removed the carb, the bowl, checked the float, removed the jet and re-installed it. Made sure everything is where they belong, etc. No leaks, idles, starts right up.

I've just gotten back from a 30 mile ride and all feels well. There seems to be less vibrations. Before my hands would tingle after a ride. Not this time. I wanna say it feels smoother and less torquey (sp?) coming out of the lower gear. 5th gear still pulls (16T installed). I like it alot! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME! THANK YOU!!!

BTW, I tried removing the plug for the mixture screw but couldn't get it off all the way. I ran to the store to get a bigger drill bit, looked in the carb, and saw a thin piece of copper sticking out where a hole should be. Is that right? Did I accidentally twist the screw some how? In any case, it may have been to my advantage. But I'd like to fix it if it shouldn't be that way.

Still haven't taken the tabs off, but this is her for now. I raised the tank by the way to get the look I want and to also have some space to hide some wiring. Battery is held by the fake tank. The opening under is just enough for the battery plus some wires. I'll need to tidy it up some more, but I'm almost there!!!!

:rawk:

[attachment=0:339aeo12]IMG_20110813_002002.jpg[/attachment:339aeo12]
Old 08-13-2011, 02:20 AM   #13
Water Warrior 2

The less torquey feeling may be a good sign. Your actual torque curve is probably coming in earlier and lasting longer without a sudden hit due to munged up carb settings. The smoothness is masking the length of the power curve. Does that make any sense to you ? Take another ride with that thought in mind.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:45 AM   #14
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcarvajal

I've just gotten back from a 30 mile ride and all feels well. There seems to be less vibrations. Before my hands would tingle after a ride. Not this time. I wanna say it feels smoother and less torquey (sp?) coming out of the lower gear. 5th gear still pulls (16T installed). I like it alot! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME! THANK YOU!!!

BTW, I tried removing the plug for the mixture screw but couldn't get it off all the way. I ran to the store to get a bigger drill bit, looked in the carb, and saw a thin piece of copper sticking out where a hole should be. Is that right? Did I accidentally twist the screw some how? In any case, it may have been to my advantage. But I'd like to fix it if it shouldn't be that way.
Glad you got it sorted out.It will feel less "buzzy" because your rpm's are lower,that is also why it feels like you have less torque.You can remove what's left of the plug,with a self-threading screw.It will penetrate the plug and you can pop it out.
:cool:

Old 08-13-2011, 08:16 AM   #15
Kcarvajal

Thanks guys! What about that thin piece of copper that is now sticking it out inside the carb? It looks like it's directly above where the pilot screw.

Ken

Old 08-13-2011, 08:33 AM   #16
blaine

Quote:
Thanks guys! What about that thin piece of copper that is now sticking it out inside the carb? It looks like it's directly above where the pilot screw.

Ken
Not sure.Did you catch the side of the carb with the drill bit? As long as the screw will turn when you get the plug out your O.K. The pilot screw has a spring,washer,and o-ring on it.Did you drill deep enough to go through the top of the pilot screw,exposing the spring.It would take very little pressure to drill through the plug and hit the screw.The head of the screw should have a slot across the head,for a straight screw driver bit to fit into for adjustment.
:??:

Old 08-13-2011, 12:21 PM   #17
Kcarvajal

Hopefully I didnt twist the screw accidentally or soomething. I'll ride some more later. But based on riding it lastnight it was fine. I'll probably just leave it.

Thanks man!
Old 08-15-2011, 08:35 AM   #18
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

If you have a small enough hole drilled, a tiny pair of needle nose pliers should finish the job of pulling the plug out and cleaning up the area around it. You just need enough space to get a flat-head screwdriver head in there.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:24 PM   #19
Kcarvajal

Thanks again fellas!

Went for a ride lastnight and all is well. I may tinker with the mixture down the road. So far it seems to be running well, so I will just leave it as-is for now.

What gear are you guys on mostly? I find myself in 5th most of the time when cruising down the streets. Not sure if it is normal.

Thanks!
Ken
Old 08-16-2011, 07:35 AM   #20
alantf

Quote:
I find myself in 5th most of the time when cruising down the streets. Not sure if it is normal.
Most of our speed limits are 50km/hr (around 30 mph) & I'm in 5th most of the time when just cruising along. Seems normal enough, to me. :2tup: