Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 03-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #11
alantf

Re: Motor cut out on shifting

Quote:
Originally Posted by riningr
(I need to get a kickstand extension or something for this bike, most of my older bikes had some sort of extension to be able to put my foot down and hit the kickstand without having to search for it)
You'll get used to it. I've had mine for nearly five years, & my foot goes down to the right position for lowering/raising the stand without even having to think about it. :2tup:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-22-2012, 02:26 AM   #12
Skunkhome

Re: Motor cut out on shifting

The first time I took my bike for a ride I was having trouble with the petcock because as I later found the vacuum line was disconnected. I stopped in at Walmart and as soon as I backed into the parking space the bike died and refused to even crank. I panicked thinking i was stranded and decided I need to forget about Walmart and give my attention to getting home. Thinking there was something wrong with the battery or starter I push started the bike and rode immediately home. When I drove it into the shed I put down the kick stand and it immediately died once again. Ooooooh! The light came on in my head and I realized there was a connection between the kickstand position and the engine shutting down. I felt pretty stupid.... If all else fails read the directions. :roll: