Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 10-31-2012, 10:03 PM   #11
bpdchief

Re: Hurricane Sandy

tie your GZ to a tree! Good luck to ALL affected by this storm.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-31-2012, 10:05 PM   #12
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
That storm is around 1000 miles wide, not big enough to affect you, that's something going on in a different weather pattern nearer to you.
It's been on the news, that it IS the tail end of Sandy, and now it's hovering over Morocco. Seems like it's a weird hurricane.
I was just reading today that Sandy is a combination of weather patterns that are rare and unusual. Today's Globe and Mail explained it quite well. A chain of weather events combined to be a real disaster in the making.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:38 PM   #13
Rookie Rider

Sandy was 2000 miles wide when in NY and New Jersey, and slow moving at 24 miles per hour. Caused alot of destruction and killed 57 people and a couple of kids and counting. Trees on houses and cars. Almost 1 million families without power on Long Island alone. 365,000 + in Queens without power, and so so many more on Staten Island and Manhattan. The storm had a noreaster behind it then collided with a cold front that caused something they called a "post something Cyclone" all in one. This shouldnt happen around here. I can see NY suffering earthquackes and sunamis in 20 more years or less. Alot of homes also destroyed by water with the high tide and a full moon at same time. Im on cleanup duty in Queens, i work for the city. 12-14 hr shifts. Its a mess. We need prayers. You can youtube videos. For example, type in. Hurricane Sandy east river long island city. Or, hurricane sandy east river astoria park. Both are my hometown where i grew up. Good luck to those in her destuctive path. If they say evacuate, LISTEN TO THEM !!

Old 11-01-2012, 01:24 AM   #14
clonak

Dont worry about the city, hows your bike ?

Sounds pretty horrible, hopefully its not to long before things are back up and running. I am counting down the days untill Auckland has a major disaster. We will all be stuffed, every one is to busy worrying about work to give a toss about some 'fictional' disaster. Sad fact though is the whole city is built on volcanoes. Great city planning there I say.

All the best man, keep up the good work with the clean up. Dont let the stress get to you, just keep thinking about the long holiday you can take after.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:27 AM   #15
alantf

We were lucky. A day of gales, which did a lot of damage, then the gales died down and brought a day of torrential rain. Now it's ok. During the gales one of the downed power lines caused a forest fire, but luckily the rains put it out.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:28 AM   #16
Rionna

I hope those on the East Coast will get the help they need in rebuilding. In the Cleveland area, many schools have been closed all this week, thousands are expected to be without power until next week. Some houses and cars were destroyed and trees and power lines are down. Lakes and rivers have flooded. We are still getting rain and wind. It is raining in parts of my house and many others that I know. Still the devastation isn't nearly as bad as those living in N.Y. and N.J. I am thankful that the destruction in our area was minimal and I am praying for those who have lost their homes and belongings on the East Coast.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:34 AM   #17
Rookie Rider

Thanks guys and gals. Prayers are good.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:22 AM   #18
clonak

You still didnt answer my question... Hows your bike ?
Old 11-02-2012, 04:47 PM   #19
Rookie Rider

My gz is fine in the garage, right next to my new 96 sportster
Old 11-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #20
Rookie Rider

Well, cleanup was a terrible task to the eyes and heart. I couldnt believe my eyes everynight being out there. Unbelievable.