Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Complete Bikes

Old 06-02-2009, 10:08 AM   #11
tampadeb

Re: 2000 250 GZ - Tampa Florida *REDUCED* *again* and *again*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampadeb
I doubt if I could life it if I dropped it but my BF said I probably wouldn't have a problem finding some cutie to help me put him back up right.
Assuming you mean "lift"........the second is probably true....IF anybody is around and the first is probably NOT true, IF you learn the right technique.

Not trying to be,mmmm, indelicate here but it appears you are a larger person than I am and I am able to right my 600 with only slight difficulty.

(Wonder how I know that??) :whistle:
I know that one time my kick stand on my 250 wasn't all the way down and when I let it go it went!!! I could barely set it back up. And even though I am the hulking women you see on the bike...men have more upper body strength than women. So even if I had a technique to set it up I would probably just say f**k it and call for a ride home. lol!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-02-2009, 12:14 PM   #12
Easy Rider

Quote:
So even if I had a technique to set it up I would probably just say f**k it and call for a ride home. lol!
I understand that tact........but it's not good for a bike to lay on it's side for a LONG time.

The "back up" technique is quite simple and very effective.....IF you have good solid footing at the spot of the drop. At first, it sounds somewhat silly and awkward but it really isn't and it does work.

You turn the bars to point the front wheel all the way toward the ground, squat down and back up to the bike; grab the lower grip with one hand and something farther back with the other (frame rail or bottom edge of the seat). Then you can usually "tip" it up TO the wheels by straightening your knees (easy part) and raise it the rest of the way (hard part) by shuffling your feet back towards the bike. It does not rely on upper body OR back strength but leverage and your leg muscles.

This is a REALLY handy skill to have; there are places you wouldn't want to leave your bike unattended. It might be crushed or missing when you get back.

Also, if nobody was looking, it allows you to avoid embarassment by standing it up again before anybody DOES notice.........and that is PRICELESS !!

There are video clips on the net somewhere. Maybe I should have saved the link. Maybe someone else has it.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:46 PM   #13
tampadeb

Quote:
Quote:
So even if I had a technique to set it up I would probably just say f**k it and call for a ride home. lol!
I understand that tact........but it's not good for a bike to lay on it's side for a LONG time.

The "back up" technique is quite simple and very effective.....IF you have good solid footing at the spot of the drop. At first, it sounds somewhat silly and awkward but it really isn't and it does work.

You turn the bars to point the front wheel all the way toward the ground, squat down and back up to the bike; grab the lower grip with one hand and something farther back with the other (frame rail or bottom edge of the seat). Then you can usually "tip" it up TO the wheels by straightening your knees (easy part) and raise it the rest of the way (hard part) by shuffling your feet back towards the bike. It does not rely on upper body OR back strength but leverage and your leg muscles.

This is a REALLY handy skill to have; there are places you wouldn't want to leave your bike unattended. It might be crushed or missing when you get back.

Also, if nobody was looking, it allows you to avoid embarassment by standing it up again before anybody DOES notice.........and that is PRICELESS !!

There are video clips on the net somewhere. Maybe I should have saved the link. Maybe someone else has it.
That sounds doable. Maybe I should try it with the little guy before he goes.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:33 PM   #14
Easy Rider

Quote:
That sounds doable. Maybe I should try it with the little guy before he goes.
Excellent idea. Note, however, that the "balance point" is likely to be somewhat different......and it changes even on the same bike with the addition of things like a "crash" bar.

Probably good to have a "spotter" around the first time you try it too.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #15
alantf

Quote:
I want to do a lot of pink and purple on it!
Oh my Gaaaaaaaaaaaaawd! :lol: O_o

Old 06-02-2009, 03:30 PM   #16
tampadeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
Quote:
I want to do a lot of pink and purple on it!
Oh my Gaaaaaaaaaaaaawd! :lol: O_o
lots and lots of pink....all over it. purple, light blue, not an inch of factory black showing. pink helmet. pink jacket. i am good to go.... :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: lol
Old 06-02-2009, 05:12 PM   #17
burkbuilds

It's your bike tampadeb you do it up to suit you! alantf will get over it eventually! Be sure and post some more pics when you get it done!
Old 06-02-2009, 06:05 PM   #18
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkbuilds
alantf will get over it eventually!
Methinks he doth protest TOO much. :shocked: :popcorn:
Old 06-02-2009, 06:50 PM   #19
tampadeb

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by burkbuilds
alantf will get over it eventually!
Methinks he doth protest TOO much. :shocked: :popcorn:
I love having fun with the "pink-o-phobes". lol... but on a serious note. i find that if i display pink when i ride, like my shirt, helmet etc. i get more respect from other motorists. when they know I am a girl they get that "trouble on wheels" thought out of their minds. and all the cuties will slow to get a look. lol. god kows I am all about the cuties.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:10 PM   #20
Water Warrior 2

A good wide set of crash bars will touch down before the rest of the bike. With the bike not laying right over on it's side you can lift easily with the right procedure.