Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips > Lessons Well-Learned

Old 08-17-2010, 11:52 PM   #11
music man

Re: Have you guys seen this!

No the guy did not survive, most likely he died instantly.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-18-2010, 04:32 AM   #12
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

This happened a few miles from me. This guy is very dead.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:12 AM   #13
3-D Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhgeyer
I do believe that 90% or more of surviving on a motorcycle is a matter of what's between your ears, not what's around them.
In Baja, they used to put up crosses along the road where people had been in fatal accidents. You might be driving along, see some skid marks, and a cross or two at the edge of the road. One I found particularly striking… a cross with another cross on it's arm. Apparently where a pregnant woman had died.
There are some roads in France where they put up black silhouettes of the dead… some with bottles marked "XXX".
Laws may have their usefulness. But, the pure presence of fact sure makes one alert to the dangers of driving.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:01 PM   #14
alantf

Over here they do something similar. They put up little shrines with a photo of the person, plus a few religious artefacts, & flowers. The relatives must spend the rest of their lives tending the shrines as they're always clean & tidy, with fresh flowers.

This is an example, in memory of a 15 year old, killed while cycling the wrong way along a one way road.[attachment=0:2t5kkxc5]view 29.JPG[/attachment:2t5kkxc5]
Old 08-18-2010, 12:14 PM   #15
3-D Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
The relatives must spend the rest of their lives tending the shrines as they're always clean & tidy, with fresh flowers.
Man! That kind of stuff really strikes home, every time I see it

Old 08-18-2010, 07:15 PM   #16
ncff07

I've seen that alot. Flowers or crosses at the site of a fatal accident. One particular that I'll always remember, a car of high school kids in a car were going to fast entering a really sharp turn went off the road and hit a light pole. If that wasn't bad enough it wasnt the light pole that did them in it was the transformer on the pole that fell on the top of the car. I remember talking to the medic that helped on scene he said the guy had long blond hair and so did one of the girls and you couldnt tell whose hair was whose until they pulled them out cause they were close to each other. They replaced that light pole after that and theres been a cross fastened to it since to in memorial to those kids and its been15 to 20 years ago.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:35 PM   #17
Viirin

work better than speed signs...