Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 10-05-2010, 10:04 PM   #11
duosport

Re: Hello from Charlotte, NC

Hey AZK, The bike is a 2002. The bags I added are cool because they have auxillary lights in them that I wired up to the tail light so I have additional running lights now. That should add to my safety a bit and I love the trunk as I am able to fit my helmet in it. Makes for a great commuter bike. Next I think I want to make a small tarp that fits over just the top of the bike to keep it dry while parked in the work parking lot in case it rains. You are in Phoenix so I probably have to discribe this phenominon called rain. It is when small droplets of water fall from high up in the sky. I know crazy huh? :biggrin:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-06-2010, 07:18 AM   #12
bonehead

Good looking bike, but the sticker on the tank must go. :lol:
Old 10-06-2010, 12:43 PM   #13
ArizonaKev

Those running lights sound really cool - nice touch, and a great safety upgrade.

Ironically enough duo, last night it rained like CRAZY down here, worse than I have seen in my 26 years in Phoenix!
http://www.azfamily.com/weather/Unsettl ... 42634.html

Fortunately, I must have have some guardian angels watching over me, because something told me to skip working out after work like I normally do, and just head straight home. I hit a perfect little break between rains, as the streets were a little wet on my ride home, but it was not raining. About 10 minutes after I got home, all hell broke loose. I jad full gear on, so I would probably have been ok, but chances are, with as hard as it was raining, I would have had to (or wanted to) pull over and wait 'til it passed. Needless to say, I am grateful today that I listened to that 'inner voice' and left when I did.

That being said, it was really nice to see some actual weather down here, because the other 364 days a year, I would have to re-read your explanation to remind me of what rain looked like! :lol:

AZ Kev

Old 10-06-2010, 12:49 PM   #14
alanmcorcoran

Yeah, it's been raining here too for the last three days. (Sunny Southern California.) It's cause I'm not working in Chicago this week and I bought a motorcycle that you can ride in the dirt (but don't want to ride in the mud.) Prior to this storm, hadn't rained since Bush was in office.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:58 PM   #15
Water Warrior 2

Alan old buddy, I hate to break it to you but you bought a KLR. They are meant to get dirty, muddy, dropped and slightly bent once in a while. Just wear off the molding residue on the new tires while it is dry out and go for it.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:36 PM   #16
duosport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehead
Good looking bike, but the sticker on the tank must go. :lol:
You know when I got the bike home that was the first thing I was going to do. then I thought: " I will wait till after the safety inspecition. Then after that I was riding the bike home and I looked down at the sticker at the stop light and it reminded me to be safe. Then I thought: " you know, if I sell this bike and the sticker is on there it might make people think that I was very careful with the bike". The way people leave stickers on appliances makes you think they are not used. :biggrin:
Old 10-06-2010, 06:38 PM   #17
duosport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaKev
Those running lights sound really cool - nice touch, and a great safety upgrade.

Ironically enough duo, last night it rained like CRAZY down here, worse than I have seen in my 26 years in Phoenix! Fortunately, I must have have some guardian angels watching over me, because something told me to skip working out after work like I normally do, and just head straight home. ...
AZ Kev

Careful. I might have to describe snow to you next. :shocked:
Old 10-07-2010, 03:59 PM   #18
ArizonaKev

Oh no duo, I have a VERY good recollection of that white powdery stuff - 14 years in South Dakota will do that to a person! Lol. And, to some people's surprise, it snows quite a bit in northern Arizona. We typically try to head up there once every couple of years to play in the snow, as my kids were born here, and aren't as familiar with it as I am.

Tell you one thing though - I sure don't mind scraping ice off windshields, shoveling sidewalks, and having to plug the car in at night! I do miss white Christmas' though, but I guess we have to make tradeoffs, right?

:2tup:

AZ Kev
Old 10-07-2010, 04:43 PM   #19
Water Warrior 2

Today's forcast: No snow.
Tomorrow's forcast: No snow.

60 years of shoveling snow makes rain look good. Snow looks good from a distance. Sure glad I moved to the Wet Coast.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:54 AM   #20

Hi! I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thank