Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 05-01-2009, 02:35 PM   #11
dannylightning

Re: in connection front brake lever problem - Now screwed up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZ250
so this morning (friday) i went out and my lever was so tight that i could hardly move that. the brake shoes were touching the plate. so i tried one more bleeding with the hose tightly connected to the bleeding valve. again each time tiny tiny fluid came out, No real pressure in the lever. anyway, what i did i removed the assembly and took out the new brake shoes and used the old ones again to make some space. i cleaned everything well, the inside has no leak and looks ok, i put back the brake shoes and the assembly back on the wheel. i moved the lever back and forth to develop pressure but it did not. i had to go to work so i left the bike at home and now when i go back i will see the status. i am thinking the pressure might develop again like yesterday but i have to see how the brake will function.

one thing that i noticed is after i put the caliper assembly back, it had a slight play, like no pressure in there. if can't figure out anything today, i will take it tomorrow to the shop.

Thank you all.
sorry to hear that. hopefully they can get it all fixed up and not beat up your wallet. i hate taking any thing to the shop but some times you got to do it.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-01-2009, 05:24 PM   #12
mrlmd1

Bring your new brake pads so they can reinstall them when they fix the brakes. It may need a new master cylinder.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #13
alantf

Quote:
i ended up just cleaning the fluid with a tissue.
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????

I think I'm missing something here!

Old 05-01-2009, 08:53 PM   #14
GZ250

when i say ended up just cleaning the fludi, i meant, the hose did not connect properly to the valve, so the fluid was not coming out in the hose instead the bleeding valve was spitting out and i cleaned or absorbed it with the paper tissue
Old 05-02-2009, 11:10 AM   #15
Easy Rider

Quote:
one thing that i noticed is after i put the caliper assembly back, it had a slight play, like no pressure in there. if can't figure out anything today, i will take it tomorrow to the shop.
Don't panic just yet.

Assuming that you now have the right proceedure down: Open valve, pull lever, close valve, release lever....then you need to know 2 things:

1) Even if everything is working perfectly, it may take a REALLY LONG time for a complete flush and bleed......like a half hour and 50 or so cycles of open, pull, close, release.
AND
2) Kind of going back to the original problem, if the return spring is broken or the piston is binding, you will NEVER be able to flush and bleed properly, no matter how many times you repeat it. If that really IS the problem, you are probably due for a new master cylinder.....unless Suzuki has a "rebuild kit".....which I doubt.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:21 PM   #16
primal

Send a message via AIM to primal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning
i wold have never thought about the jar with fluid already in it..
I think the service manual recommends the jar with fluid in it. I know the manual for my KZ does.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:10 AM   #17
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by primal

I think the service manual recommends the jar with fluid in it. I know the manual for my KZ does.
Can't find it in my service manual. It's just something I was tought to do many years ago. In those days, the brake pipes on cars used to corrode ,in the wet English climate, very quickly. The materials they made car bits & pieces from was crap! So every few years we had to replace the pipes & then bleed the system.