Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 10-12-2009, 11:58 PM   #11
BusyWeb

Re: First HD Quality Video from Camera Mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Looks like a fun road by not a fast one. Too many blind curves and chances for wildlife leaping out. Good weather for a ride too.
Hi, Mr. WW
How is the temperature over there....
Whenever I have chance, let me put some riding video clips for you... ha ha ha..
(didn't mean to hurt your depression over Winter Time, just kidding...)

Anyway, I finished another testing clip which looks better than canyon clip over there.

[youtube:2n76ng3z]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf730i2ETiA[/youtube:2n76ng3z]

Thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-13-2009, 12:45 AM   #12
Water Warrior 2

39 F as of 9 PM. Just a bit chilly but still better than some areas. Keep the videos coming. The last one is a very nice road to practice weight shifting for better cornering.

I am presently working on a cheap way to mount a camera to see how well it will work. I do have doubts about the camera's ability to do a video while riding so it has to be cheap in case the camera is not up to the task. First step is to clean the windshield as it has a lot of bugs.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:03 AM   #13
BusyWeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhgeyer
Sony Vegas Platinum 9 (not the hugely expensive "Pro" version).
Hi, Mr. Geyer.
I saw lots of positive comments on Sony Vegas application, so I may try next time.
And here is some my tips for the bike video taking methods that I earned hard by epxeriences.
These could be applied on regular camera or camcorders which is not made for helmet cams.
Specail helmet cams are ;my guess; already set by standard.

First of all, try to remove auto settings which gives camera processing burden.
1. try to settings manually
2. if there is no manual setting try to use "Sports" mode which makes high shutter speed >> reduces vibration
3. For manual settings.
a. use manual focusing >> set to infinity >> VERY IMPORTANT (my opinion...)
b. try to use center focusing if has one >> multi segment focusing was bad choice for me
c. for shutter speed and aperture >> try to use static when environment does not change much; desert, beach, or plains...
d. for shutter speed and aperture >> try to use auto exporsure mode when surround light density changes alot; like canyon or mountain
e. if exposure mode has center(spot) mode >> give it try whenever >> good for the open places, wide open environments.
f. for dark situation; late afternoon; >> try to set High Sensitivty >> manual ISO for high values >> camera will gain high speed shutter

These are from my expeiences, but sometimes I don't do... ha ha ha ha
Just set sports mode with auto exposure on center focus/exporsure mode....

Old 10-13-2009, 01:14 AM   #14
dannylightning

video looks great...
Old 10-13-2009, 01:20 AM   #15
BusyWeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
39 F as of 9 PM. Just a bit chilly but still better than some areas. Keep the videos coming. The last one is a very nice road to practice weight shifting for better cornering.

I am presently working on a cheap way to mount a camera to see how well it will work. I do have doubts about the camera's ability to do a video while riding so it has to be cheap in case the camera is not up to the task. First step is to clean the windshield as it has a lot of bugs.
Here, over 65 F. degree now..
some people complain that its cold.. ha ha ha (me too)

When I first try to mount camera, I had an option for that also >> Clean Wind Screen >> Or make hole on .. ha ha.
I gave up, and choose side of bike.
When you have finished, let us know with video/photos.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:53 AM   #16
dhgeyer

40's or 30's at night, 50's during the day here. Today is rainy. Getting too cold for the GZ, which I don't think would supply enough power for my electric clothes. Switching over to the Concours for the remainder of the season. I'll put Stabil in the GZ's tank and change the oil and filter in the next day or so. Same for the Beemer. I have battery tender hookups on them, and the garage doesn't get that cold, so that's all the prep I do. I go out and start the bikes and let them run for a few minutes every week or so during the Winter. Not long enough to overheat, but long enough to circulate the oil and not let the gas sit too long in the carbs.

Busy, Thanks for the tips. If I ever get back to trying to video from a moving motorcycle, which I probably won't, I'll spring for a proper helmet cam. Reading this thread got me curious, and I poked around the web a little. There are what appear to be very good HD helmet cams out there now. For what I would want to do, I would want the camera to look where I look.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:38 AM   #17
Moedad

Good videos, Busy. You'll be the SoCal motovideo king if you aren't already. Thanks for that first video of the start of Angeles Crest Hwy. I was wondering where they had it blocked.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:32 PM   #18
BusyWeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedad
Good videos, Busy. You'll be the SoCal motovideo king if you aren't already. Thanks for that first video of the start of Angeles Crest Hwy. I was wondering where they had it blocked.
Ha ha ha, Mr. Moedad.
You won't believe that how depressed I was when I saw that "Road Closed" sign.
Aha, I saw your panorama photo at the other post.
The vertical panorama looks great, I wonder what was the application or how did you take it???
Old 10-13-2009, 11:37 PM   #19
Moedad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyWeb
The vertical panorama looks great, I wonder what was the application or how did you take it???
It's not a panorama. I shot it with my Canon digital Rebel. It's just a narrow crop of a single picture of Upper Yosemite Falls.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:14 AM   #20
BusyWeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedad
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyWeb
It's not a panorama. I shot it with my Canon digital Rebel. It's just a narrow crop of a single picture of Upper Yosemite Falls.
It's not a panorama. I shot it with my Canon digital Rebel. It's just a narrow crop of a single picture of Upper Yosemite Falls.[/quote]

I thought that it was a panorama photo.
Wow, that's great one.
Um, you went yosemite with bike?
Or, with cage?
Where is the report for it?

Hope that we could get some more photos?