Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 07-15-2008, 06:19 AM   #121
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbob
The extra nuts are spacers plus they allow me to remove the cans without a bunch of loose parts to keep track of.
They also strengthen the bolts and help distribute the load more evenly. Nice job.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-15-2008, 01:19 PM   #122
strn365

ammo cans

Ok maybe we have now had enough of bashing my tacky comment. Which i still hold true to my comment and next time read it that was just my thought. As i was reading all of your comments about how functional this cans are i thought hmmmmmmmm. Well i need functionality what do i need and a motorcycle was not it in the functionality department so i went out and bought me a crown vic poilce interceptor and a pick up truck. Now there is function. One thing motorcycly have never been is a good place to store all of your crap. If they were meant for that then they would come with a trunk hence the golwing. They were almost always built for pleasure they will never haul your buddys car home. You will never load all your stuff from your house on it and move to another state. You will never haul a rick of wood with it. Do you get it yet guys huh well do ya you wanted to hammer on one mans oppion now open you eys and read they arent and will never be you suv. I personally dont care what you do to your bikes i really dont in fact if you want i have on old 77 ford pickup bed you can strap to the back. So now all the people i have offened please fire back with your hurt pride and your school yard antics
Old 07-15-2008, 01:28 PM   #123
Moedad

Re: ammo cans

Quote:
Originally Posted by strn365
...so i went out and bought me a crown vic poilce interceptor and a pick up truck. Now there is function.
Do you need links to some Crown Vic and pick up truck forums?

Old 07-15-2008, 01:34 PM   #124
music man

Quote:
Ok maybe we have now had enough of bashing my tacky comment. Which i still hold true to my comment and next time read it that was just my thought. As i was reading all of your comments about how functional this cans are i thought hmmmmmmmm. Well i need functionality what do i need and a motorcycle was not it in the functionality department so i went out and bought me a crown vic poilce interceptor and a pick up truck. Now there is function. One thing motorcycly have never been is a good place to store all of your crap. If they were meant for that then they would come with a trunk hence the golwing. They were almost always built for pleasure they will never haul your buddys car home. You will never load all your stuff from your house on it and move to another state. You will never haul a rick of wood with it. Do you get it yet guys huh well do ya you wanted to hammer on one mans oppion now open you eys and read they arent and will never be you suv. I personally dont care what you do to your bikes i really dont in fact if you want i have on old 77 ford pickup bed you can strap to the back. So now all the people i have offened please fire back with your hurt pride and your school yard antics

I don't really even know what to say to this comment without provoking more mindless dribble from you but here goes. I haven't been a member of this site for long but I have been getting on here for months and reading tips, tricks, mods and just general friendly banter, but I have never seen not one person on here purposely try to be spiteful, hateful or make any commentary just to provoke a reaction from the extremely knowledgeable and most importantly friendly people on here.

And sadly I have just furthered your cause by remarking at all but I just couldn't help myself in this particular instance, but that is also why I won't bother to ACTUALLY RESPOND to the details of your post, just to say that you are wasting valuable space that could be used to at least TRY to say something useful.

Hopefully not Later
Old 07-15-2008, 01:36 PM   #125
Sarris

Wow

To strn365;

Relax brother. We don't want you to have a stroke. You really are amongst friends here.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:59 PM   #126
strn365

ammo cans

i wasnt trying to stoke out. it wasnt even the point of the whole ammo can saddle bags things. Granted it is an ingenious idea. It was the fact that i offered an my two cents and it was hammered like a bunch of school children. now lets all calm down now and no i do not need links to crown vic and truck forums i am completly cabable of working and fixing them when that time arrives.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:19 PM   #127
primal

Send a message via AIM to primal
Re: ammo cans

Quote:
They were almost always built for pleasure they will never haul your buddys car home.
http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2005/ ... retriever/

Quote:
i wasnt trying to stoke out. it wasnt even the point of the whole ammo can saddle bags things. Granted it is an ingenious idea. It was the fact that i offered an my two cents and it was hammered like a bunch of school children.
Except the only reason you posted a reply was to criticize. And it wasn't even constructive criticism. Its okay that you don't like them, really, but why bother voicing that opinion when no one was trying to force you to install these on your bike? It seems like you were just being a troll...
Old 07-15-2008, 02:28 PM   #128
strn365

ammo cans

Because if no one ever voiced there opinion then the world would be a very dull place now wouldnt it.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:32 PM   #129
music man

Hey Primal I like that. A freakin goldwing tow truck, can you imagine telling someone your truck broke down and a motorcycle towed you, they would probably tell you you were crazy.

Later
Old 07-15-2008, 02:39 PM   #130
strn365

ammo cans

ok and as for towing your buddies car home i can make anything move you never have to worry about getting an object on wheels to move what you have to worry about is that wonderful 5500 lb volvo sitting behind you and the moron the just slammed on his brakes in front of you. An object in motion tends to stay in motion unless acted upon by by an equal or opposite force and let me tell you what you dont have near the force to stop that car as quick as you need to but please by all means buy it and use it i will be the next person you see i will hook both you bike and that volvo that you just had to carry with a bike up to my 5.4l v8 truck and pull you both home. Your like an okie primal hey yall i got me this here 4x4 i can go really fast on the snow but guess what you still cant stop