Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 09-10-2024, 07:33 PM   #1
Lovewuno

Question Gz250 problem

Hello, I’ve been in the shadows of this site for months but this is my first post! So I’ve been trying to get this 2007 gz250 I found on Facebook running (good) and just can’t seem to get it working right. So the story behind the bike is it hadn’t run for about 10 years (last inspection was 2014). So for starters to get her working I cleaned out the tank with the vinegar method. Had to rebuild the petcock vacuum with a kit, and clean/rebuild the carburetor with another kit. After getting that done I changed the spark plug, charged the battery up, put on an inline fuel filter and she started up. So I could ride it around the neighborhood for about a week whilst troubleshooting still (could get up to second gear no problems) but had to ride with half choke, which is the start of my reason for posting here today. So it starts and idles good but when I toggle the choke off(all the way away from me) it idles way too high and when the choke is on (lever towards me) it will die. So when I was gonna try and take it out yesterday it cranked over same as usual but when I put it into gear and started trying to accelerate it didn’t have any power behind it and would back fire. It got me down the street and I had to walk it back to my house. Also forgot to mention I got a new air filter for it and changed the oil/new oil filter. Just wondering if anyone could help me figure this out. I sprayed starter fluid around the carb boots to see if there was a vacuum leak but it had no effect on the idle of the engine. Also tried fooling with the pilot screw and the throttle stop screw. It might help to mention I took the carb off again today and it seemed like my pilot jet was backed up a bit so I sprayed it out with carb cleaner and when I slapped everything back together I could get it to drive a little bit but still lacking power and backfired on me. Any help would be greatly appreciated if anyone has a clue

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by Lovewuno; 09-10-2024 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Most of post was deleted not sure why

Tags
carburetor, dies with choke on, high idle