Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 01-26-2007, 06:16 PM   #1
ll666

Thinking custom... Any tips?

Well I love to tinker with bikes, built myself a small race bike in the past from the ground up. I still haven't found my GZ250 yet (still hunting) but saw one at a parking lot this week. I was looking it over pretty good, if the owner would have came out they would have probably been scared...lol

Anyways, I am a big chopper/old school fan myself and already have some mods in mind when I find my GZ250.
One being a set of apes on this little bad boy, the problem is cables :??:
Anyone ever try and extend their cables, or find extended cables anywhere?
I know some people have to custom order cables, but I dont really know where to even start. Especially being from Canada.

The other bigger mod I was planning was maybe a custom pipe. Just don't want to hurt engine reliability or performance.
I was planning to purchase some simple drag baffles from ebay and putting them into some straight pipes, maybe have a dual setup (One pipe on each side).. That would be different! :rawk:
Then probably wrap the pipes with some header wrap.. get the old school look in there.

Other than that, just some simple mods like custom pegs, mirrors, paint...etc.
Really like this bike, and plan to keep it for a while since after me my girlfriend will eventually be the owner.

Any tips or comments?
Seen anything like this done?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-26-2007, 06:32 PM   #2
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
I have seen one with apes on it. Can't remember where though (probably searching google). Not sure where to send you for longer cables though. Might try searching google for custom length cables.

Custom pipe, take a look in the "HowTo" section of this forum. I put up a post about putting a custom pipe on, where to get it and how to do it. I'm not sure that dual pipes is an option because of the smallness of these pipes. Now, if you can get someone to do custom bending and welding, you'd be set. Wouldnt have to rechrome if you are going to wrap them

Other custom jobs i have seen is mounting aftermarket seats (seen one with a sportster seat on it) and custom fenders (jesse james custom fender). I've seen one bobbed and many with aftermarket pegs, mirrors, side mount plates/brake lights and a flame job paint. Theres alot you can do, only limitation is your imagination!

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 01-26-2007, 10:22 PM   #3
ll666

I dont want to just change the tip, or use a universal muffler.. I want to go custom. My father runs a construction/welding business, so the possibilities are endless for me on the design.

Why do you say 2 pipes would not work? :??:
I just wanted to run 2 straight pipes, one on each side with seperate baffles in each pipe....
These type of universal baffles for custom bikes..

Not 2 big pipes, just 2 small pipes. Nice and clean, and short.... Probably reach just past the engine (not quite hitting as far as the passenger pegs).

Login or Register to Remove Ads