Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 11-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #11
Water Warrior 2

Re: Highway Bars

I think he is saying there is no room to use the pedal in a lowered position and likely none whatsoever for his foot. The lower shape of the bar is probably just to close to the pedal and foot for safety and comfort.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-13-2012, 11:41 PM   #12
webbmeister25d

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleNewRider
webbmeister25d - Did you find an engine guard that worked? I bought the Baron engine guards and there wasn't enough room for the brake pedal, even with adjustments. I called Baron and actually spoke to the guy the designed that engine guard for the GZ 250. I had emailed him photos of the brake pedal and the engine guard. He confirmed it didn't fit, but didn't know why not. They had sold many others without any problems.

When I had the pedal adjusted to its maximum height, it would have been awkward to use. I would have had to lift my entire leg up to use it. I wouldn't have been able to pivot my foot.

Baron was nice enough to allow the on-line retailer to return the engine guard, so the retailer agreed to accept a return from me. But, I haven't found a replacement. I thought the best option was one made in Spain, but there isn't an American distributor.
Well, I went with the MC and adjusted the brake lever to a little higher position than I would have liked. It is not entirely comfortable since I now have to pivot my arch to raise the balls of my feet to use the rear brake. Having the guard there, though, is worth the slight discomfort. I feel much more confident with there. I've now pretty much moved on to a larger and more comfortable (for me - I'm 6'4" and 275 pounds) bike, and my wife is learning to ride on the GZ. The brake pedal in the higher position is more uncomfortable for her, but she is 5'1" and 110 pounds. The bike is much more a handful for her than it ever was for me, so the guard is even more important. The real issue for her is her small hands and short fingers. Even optimally adjusted, brake and clutch levers are a reach for her, and finding a pair of gloves with shorter fingers is a challenge we have yet to meet! Best wishes on your search for the right guard!

Jim
Old 11-13-2012, 11:43 PM   #13
webbmeister25d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
I think he is saying there is no room to use the pedal in a lowered position and likely none whatsoever for his foot. The lower shape of the bar is probably just to close to the pedal and foot for safety and comfort.
This describes the problem exactly.

Login or Register to Remove Ads