Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 06-03-2008, 12:56 PM   #1
JPolo87

Send a message via AIM to JPolo87
im new!!

Hey! I decided to get into riding a few years ago, and last year finally got my permit. Took the safety course but didnt finish it.( they gave me an eliminator 125, which i felt was a little top heavy and i dropped it a bunch of times and got discouraged)
Being as im 4'11'' and about 100lbs i needed something tiny, so i was basically limited to the Rebel, the virago or the suzuki. I decided i wanted a junker that i could practice on and drop without worrying about it, and then once i learn to ride well enough i would upgrade to something nice... BUT I found an old Safety Course Bike... its a 2000 Suzuki GZ250 that they used during the courses, but this one actually has the mirrors and turn signals...Mechanically its pretty okay, with the exception of possibly needing a clutch, and theres a few cosmetic bruises but overall its nice...

Im picking it up thursday =) I cant wait to get out in the parking lots and practice riding and hopefully not drop it!!!! lol once i learn to ride well im planning on getting it fixed up really well, buying a new tank and whatnot....

i do have one question though: not sure where i should put this but... Being as this bike hasnt really changed at all through the years, do the parts fit all model years? For example, i found a used tank in good shape, but they dont know what year it came off of.. would that fit any year?

Thanks!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-03-2008, 01:29 PM   #2
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Large parts like the tank and fenders and such carry over to all years.

The same is true for most of the parts really.

There are a few people on the board who know intricately which parts don't match up but those are few and far between.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:39 PM   #3
JPolo87

Send a message via AIM to JPolo87
i kind of figured that, being as the bike itself didn't really change.. but i wanted to ask people who knew more about it rather than going out and buying something, and having a screw or bolt or something small be off and then it not fitting lol

Old 06-03-2008, 01:55 PM   #4
turbo chicken

hey polo... lots of information around here about the bike your getting... if you can find it using the search make a post and it'll get answered in a day or so...

keep the shiney parts up!

TC
Old 06-06-2008, 06:40 AM   #5
Littlethumper

Welcome and hello Jpolo!

Drive safe.....